Calling all Florida CBJ's (Felda, FL=KCBS)

drbbq

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
They need a few judges in Felda this weekend. I'll be heading down early Sunday morning and could meet you in Tampa, or wherever to carpool. Judges meeting at 10:00am. There is also some extra stuff being judged on Saturday evening, but I can't make that.

Anybody in?

Ok, no mo bitching about off the street judges then.

think ya need..

cracker
chad
kevin
kspndsl
woodhouse..

all but chad is m.i.a.. can ya give him all 6 portions.??

Can't do it...though it crossed my mind a few months ago.

Can't do Lakeland either - job interview that weekend.

Looks like Tim and I will shoot for Winter Haven for our 2006 first event and I may judge Wachula like I did last year.

Sebring isn't on our plans this year either - good cookoff and best of luck to Jimmy, Mike, Ray, Kevin, Tim, etc. The battle for best of Highlands County ought to be a slugfest.

New Years is a tough date.

But it does bring to mind the issue of what to do. They can either call 1/4 of the teams and tell them to stay home, or they can do their best with whatever judges they can round up. I know which I think they should do.

BTW, I will judge as many extra entries as they need me to. Just to help them out of course.

I hope they get enough judges, I hate when they have to pull them off the street... But I guess they will do what they have to do... I also have not seen anyone, Steven included post a plea on the BBQ Forum...

Ok, it's done.

Anyone could have done it to help out.
It's not the rep's job.

Your right, its the organizers job to get judges, and with more teams comes the need for more judges... But the rep should help the organizer when they can, and your post here was the first I had seen or heard about the need.. I have seen Steven and Cliff post those needs on the forum several times before. So I am assuming it had not been communicated to many.

I'm not going to get in to this. I don't know what anybody has done or not done, and I have nothing to do with this cookoff. Contact Allison at chilegator@msn.com

I was just trying to get a few guys from here to join me.

I don't want to get into it either Ray... But to those that are cooking, having enough judges is important, as you know... And this is not a scenario (that I am aware of) where 30 teams sign-up in the last week.. So that makes this a little frustrating... See you this weekend, I am leaving here in a few hours...

Thanks Jeff, Ray will be judging... I hope to take one of those spots... I am on my way out the door.

Results are in.

Congrats to the Brethren (bunches of them)
icon_biggrin.gif

Off to a good year in the KCBS!

TIM
---------------------------------------------
Overall.....
1) Bill and the Dixie Chicks
2) Home BBQ.com
3) Firehouse BBQ
4) Woodhouse Grill
5) Smokin' Butts
6) Smokin' Triggers
7) Cosmic Cookin'
8 Too Hawg Nutz
9) Dr. Frank N Swine
10) BBQ Monsters

Chicken:
1) Smokin' Triggers
2) Cosmic Cookin'
3) Bill and the Dixie Chicks
4) HomeBBQ.com
5) Church Road Smokers
6) Smokin' Steve
7) Firehouse BBQ
8 Too Hawg Nutz
9) Seminole Smoke Signals
10) Woodhouse Grill

Ribs:
2) Woodhouse Grill
3) Dr. Frank N Swine
4) Firehouse BBQ
5) Smokin' Butts
6) Smokin' Triggers
7) BBQ Monsters
8 Weapons of Mass BBQ
9) HomeBBQ.com
10) Cosmic Cookin'

Pork:
1) Woodhouse Grill
2) HomeBBQ.com
3) Smokin' Butts
4) Premier Cooking
5) Smokin' Steve
6) Firehouse BBQ
7) Too Hawg Nutz
9 Big Daddy Butt Rub
9) Dr. Frank N Swine
10) BBQ Monsters

Brisket:
2) Too Hawg Nutz
3) HomeBBQ.com
4) Firehouse BBQ
5) Smokin' Butts
6) Weapons of Mass BBQ
7) Big Daddy Butt Rub
8 Big Daddy Que
9) Scott Que
10) Cosmic Cookin'

Thanks for the congrats guys! Time to get ready for Sebring...........

Thanks all.. A big congratulations goes out to Bill & Nina - Bill & The Dixie Chick's... They are on a roll, and they desrve it....

Back