Easy Peeling Hard Boiled Eggs

had me till the blowing part... not usable in my line of work... catering.

I will say this, i learned in home economics class (just before welding class) in 1977, that adding salt to your egg water helps loosen the shell. I tap both sides like he did BUT then crush one side and the remaining shell comes off in more or less one piece.

I was thinking of just using your finger to push the egg out of the shell.

How much salt do you use in your water?

How about a compressor and a blow gun?

Older eggs help too. Not like 4 years old more like a week in the fridge after buying them.

If this is the one with baking soda I actually did it and it worked so if you can blow them out they should peel easier I was so amazed I forgot to try and just peel it

I was thinking of just using your finger to push the egg out of the shell.

How much salt do you use in your water?

let see, I do a dozen at a time so maybe a half a handfull of koshur... to tell the truth I salt it like I salt pasta water maybe a little more.

How about a compressor and a blow gun?

Older eggs help too. Not like 4 years old more like a week in the fridge after buying them.

I like the way this guy looks at the world.

I'll have to give that a try..

I hate peeling eggs but, I love to eat um! :biggrin:
Till it's time to go to bed and mama's trying to sleep.:icon_sick
--Hop

I dont boil eggs enough to remember this chit.:mrgreen:

If I happen to boil an egg in the short term, I'll try it.

i'm a bit confused. do you put the baking soda in the water before you boil or during the cool down phase?

What if you used a potato-gun to blow the egg guts out of the shell. I'm sure Jorge has an answer! Bull, somehow I can't image see you blowing eggs in your kitchen, but if you do please post the video. Can't wait to here how it turns out!

never seen that before...but that's pretty cool, I'll have to give it a try - I know my four year old will get a kick out of it. BTW- boiled eggs and beer...deadly combo. lol

What if you used a potato-gun to blow the egg guts out of the shell. I'm sure Jorge has an answer! Bull, somehow I can't image see you blowing eggs in your kitchen, but if you do please post the video. Can't wait to here how it turns out!

Gary I can assure you im not going to blow on any eggs to get them our of their shells.

Second of all, I struggle with posting pictures, now our new camera has taken a dump.

I'm thinking that you could probably push it out with a rubber suction cup tipped dart. Worth a shot.

We use cold water to rinse. I love boiled eggs.

What he said. :rolleyes: ^^
I use salt in the boiling water, about like pasta water like funk said.
I pour the boiling water out of the pot and leave the eggs in the pot. I hold the pot against the sink to keep the eggs from falling out. Then I fill the pot with enough cold water to cover the eggs. Now remove an egg and crack the shell so one part near the middle is easily picked with your finger. As soon as you can grab the membrane just below the shell, the rest peals off easily.
The cold water is the trick. Cools the egg just enough to make pealing easy.

All you need is one of these
attachment.php

http://www.eggextractor.com/eggpeeler.htm

Attachments

• egg.gif
    egg.gif
    80.4 KB · Views: 35
Back