KC vs Texas: BBQ Challenge

I would agree. The brisket looked better than the ribs. I've eaten at BB's and it onlygets a good from me. May have to take a trip south to Salt Lick BBQ. Anyone eaten there?

I have eaten there years ago, the brisket is pretty good and I really like their sauce. I dont remember their potatoe salad being made like that recipe though, that one sounds kinda weird.

Anyone have the BB sauce before? Any good? I may have to try making that soon, Im a sucker for a new sauce recipe.

Surely that was just the semi-finals. Memphis is definitely the king!

I have had the sauce at the resturant. Good, just not great. Not hot enough for me.

This was one of kcquer's favorite spots. They play the Blues 24/7 and have bands on the weekends. Cool place.

I like the Salt Lick restaurant - it's way out in the country, byob, great outdoor area. Not as big a fan of their food though - especially their sauce.

^ Yeah, seems an odd test. Not to mention they seemed to pick two random people. Now give me a test of the cookoff winners in the respective areas and you have a title bout.

You knew Texas was going to win it...I mean really, it wasn't even a fair fight.

You knew Texas was going to win it...I mean really, it wasn't even a fair fight.

Go ahead and gloat, but then go back and look at the judges and how they picked them. Two NY guys and a wannabee reporter. While there are some good BBQ places in NY, it is not exactly the Mecca, not counting THE MECCA, for BBQ. Never heard of either guy or their restaurants. I bet that they boil their ribs and use electric cookers. Typical media stuff. :roll:

Now if a Brethren were judging, I would concede to you. :icon_cool

Sure, they pulled 2 schmoes from the phonebook and promised to mention their restaurants on TV and threw a pregnant chick in for the tie-breaker (not that one was needed, judging by the unanimous vote, but I digress).

I have no doubt that the ribs were good, even though he had to put sauce on them for flavor. Good ribs don't need sauce.

Sure, they pulled 2 schmoes from the phonebook and promised to mention their restaurants on TV and threw a pregnant chick in for the tie-breaker (not that one was needed, judging by the unanimous vote, but I digress).

I have no doubt that the ribs were good, even though he had to put sauce on them for flavor. Good ribs don't need sauce.

Correct on all accounts.

Did you guys see the NC vs. SC pork competition?

In the KC vs Tex clip, when AL goes back to the KC guy and asks about saucing the ribs, did you notice the guy in the black shirt on the left side with his arms folded?
Is it just me or does he look like he has a brethren hat on? Looks familiar too...
(use the pause mod for a closer look.)

LOL, Kenny Callahan is hardly a schmoe. Big Lou is kind of green but Kenny is the man in NY as far as I'm concerned.

I thought I had heard the name...sarcasm doesn't travel well in postings.

Westtexbbq I think you are right I looked at it and would have to agree.

Go ahead and gloat, but then go back and look at the judges and how they picked them. Two NY guys and a wannabee reporter. While there are some good BBQ places in NY, it is not exactly the Mecca, not counting THE MECCA, for BBQ. Never heard of either guy or their restaurants. I bet that they boil their ribs and use electric cookers. Typical media stuff. :roll:
Now if a Brethren were judging, I would concede to you. :icon_cool
Yeah, what he said.:mrgreen: ^^^^^

Back