BBQ Pitmasters Marathon hour 8

Melissaredhead

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Anyone else watching?
What are your favorite highlights and lowlights?

Still can't get over the one where the guy put just salt on his whole shoulder. And won! I guess a good fire beats complex recipes. Must have been amazing.

I would love to see an episode where Aaron Franklin goes up against Myron.
Franklin v Mixon v Ron Gray maybe? Johnny Trigg? Butcher Bbq?

Any thoughts?

Spent the last 2 days cooking 400# of tri tip, 4 hours this morning cleaning my smoker. So what am I doing now? Watching other people cook in shows I've already seen! It never gets old.

I'm watching them also. I've seen them all, but it's been a relaxing day. Been thinking about getting back into comp's next year. Day dreaming all day long.................

:)

I've seen them all too. But I love rewatching them. Love seeing different techniques and equipment.

My favorite part is the show before it starts and and the one after it's over:bow:

Re-watching them here, too.

New episode tonight with the Kingsford Invitational following.

I like watching the shows, but sometimes it just gets too extreme for my taste as far as all the techniques and different steps. I'm a less is more fan personally. I really enjoy a much more simplistic approach to cooking bbq. Probably why I enjoy hearing Franklin talk about cooking bbq so much as opposed to these hardcore bbq competition types like Myron.

[ame]http://youtu.be/dGjYIoAp4eA[/ame]

Aaron Franklin trimming brisket
He also has his show on YouTube but y'all probably already knew that. I could watch him all day.

I've had it on all day. Saddest part of the day was when I finally fired up my grill, all I cooked was some corn and turkey burgers. Stupid healthy junk :(

I have a question on one of the shows. They had I think 11hrs to smoke a whole shoulder. How do you do this I think it was 17lbs, I have some thoughts, but would like anyone's take.

I like watching the shows, but sometimes it just gets too extreme for my taste as far as all the techniques and different steps. I'm a less is more fan personally. I really enjoy a much more simplistic approach to cooking bbq. Probably why I enjoy hearing Franklin talk about cooking bbq so much as opposed to these hardcore bbq competition types like Myron.

Yeah, same for me. I love the shows and have tremendous respect for all of them but boy what they'll do to a brisket for example sometimes I would never think of doing. The Central Texas style doesn't seem would go over well in a lot of places especially outside of Texas but it's comp not restaurant cooking. That's part of the challenge I guess.

I remember Johnny Trigg making the comment he doesn't even really care for his comp ribs, for his own enjoyment it's simple salt and pepper and smoke. Hell, we did a brisket today 100% inside in a roasting pan for shredded beef, seasoned with liquid smoke (Claude's marinade), O&G and some Lawry's seasoning. Tastes amazing. It ain't BBQ but it's how most folks prefer it out here and certainly what I grew up with. Cook what you love and enjoy it to the fullest !

I have a question on one of the shows. They had I think 11hrs to smoke a whole shoulder. How do you do this I think it was 17lbs, I have some thoughts, but would like anyone's take.

Hotter gets you there faster - Hot and Fast Method

Back