Assassin smoker and grill on sale advice

work2play2

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I own a business and one of my customers is the smoking god. He has like 15 smokers in his back yard. In his garage there's a assassin smoker and grill with water pan. There's a timer on it so when the meat gets to a certain temp it shuts it down. I think also a warming box on it. I believe he said the whole rig costs around 7500. He buys and sells smokers like chicks buy shoes. He said he will sell it to me for 5k. That's alot of money but I'm drooling. Anyone have assassin smokers and a set up like that and what's your opinion on it?

Not sure I've seen an Assassin with a warming box. You might want to check out their web page. I'm guessing the smoker turning off when meat reaches a certain temp refers to a function available on the PitMaster IQ which will adjust temp when meat reaches a certain temp. Problem is the grill/smoker will retain heat and the food will continue to cook in the smoker unless you pull it off. $5,000 for a smoker is a substantial amount of money so do your homework.

Ok I'll do it. I do know it's on a trailer. I know that boosts the cost. But I am not sure the size or smoker or grill

Sounds like it may be custom. It could be hard to determine the original price.

if it were me I would stick with the wsm

I like to cook for 15 people or so at a time. Would younjust buy enough wsm to cook for those people? That's why I was gonna buy it. Just for the luxury or not having to have a bunch of smokers sitting around. Thoughts?

Send a pic to the builder and ask for a rough quote to duplicate. I did that with a jambo i thought was overpriced. Turns out it was a decent price.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I like to cook for 15 people or so at a time. Would younjust buy enough wsm to cook for those people? That's why I was gonna buy it. Just for the luxury or not having to have a bunch of smokers sitting around. Thoughts?

Since you are already looking at an Assassin they have a couple of options that might suit your needs. They have a dedicated smoker that start around $2,500 and are a high quality product. They also make a grill that can cook like a smoker with the proper accessories These grills start at $800. Assassin also has a group on FB that you can join to help answer any questions you may have. (Assassin Smokers and Grill users forum). Once you decide on what suits your needs the best you can expand your search to other vendors in your area. A $5,000 smoker is a huge leap from a WSM.

I own an Assassin 24.

It would be great to see pics of this cooker you're looking at.

22 wsm can cook for more than 15 people

http://virtualweberbullet.com/wsmcapacity.html

Hell I've fed nearly 50 people with my 18" WSM with about 30lbs of pork butts on it, which is only two butts per rack, easily doable.

But it depends on what you're cooking. I was cooking pork butts and then a couple chicken halves....you're not gonna feed 50 people ribs off an 18" WSM!

My assassin 24 can definitely cook for 15 and alot more.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Back