Reheating Pulled Pork

Unfathomable Bastid

Full Fledged Farker
Apologies for the pure stupidity of this thread, but this has been bothering me the last 24 hours....

My office is aware of my affinity for 'Q, and have cajoled me into providing the pulled pork for this upcoming Thursday's grab bag lunch for approximately 20 people. Lunch is at noon, so I'm deciding the best strategy to have hot food at the ready.

Since I will NOT have the chance to go home before noon, I have to arrive in the morning with the pulled pork. I have no access to an oven at work. There is a small microwave, only. I have access to hot (thermal) bags at home, a crockpot (dare I say), and all manor of aluminium foil, towels, and watever else you can think of.

So my brethren, what's the best method to ensure I maintain the caliber of the 'Q, short of renting an oven for the day!

-Bastid

I use a crockpot all the time, to serve pulled pork.

I reheat it and then put some finishing sauce on it before serving.

Always a hit.

Ingredients

• 1 Cup Cider Vinegar
    • 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
    • 1 Teaspoon Tony Chachere's Cajun Seasoning
    • 1 Teaspoon Course Black Pepper
    • 1 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes

Instructions

1. Warm the Vinegar up enough so that it dissolves the Sugar well. Then add the remaining ingredients.
    2. I use it in one of those clear Ketchup bottles you can get from Wally World for about $0.99. Snip a little bit larger hole out of the spout with a pair of scissors. Once all your ingredients are mixed together, put your finger over the top, and shake vigorously.
    3. Randomly squirt this over warm freshly pulled Pork, then kind of mix it up with gloved hands.

Notes

This adds very little heat (despite the Red Pepper) and mellows out the stronger, gamier parts of the Shoulder. The Vinegar also helps break it down even more for some REAL juicy pork. Personally, I eat it just like that, but your guests can add whatever "Q sauce they prefer once it's on their plates or bun!

Back