To all you stick burners that can’t hold your eyes open this morning.

rwalters

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I slept like a baby and woke to this...

PS: Just messin’ w/ you SB boys. Wish I could be just half as manly as y’all are :)

f79f8b7129e4fcd2af3c8b65121c6f14.jpg

7c2168011b1d162ee70693734e074be1.jpg

83fa89b6cf5c4229dc6bb02e79284b87.jpg

I stick burn but I never lose sleep. I'm usually done by dinner time. :becky: :thumb:

Looking killer Robb! I'm throwing a butt on tomorrow. On the stick burner. :laugh:

What seasoning did you use? Color looks amazing.

Butt looks very nice!

I just made 15lbs bratwurst mix to stuff into casing Sunday and smoke a few with my butt....

ok off to make 4lbs breakfast sausage .. keep on smoking!

I stick burn but I never lose sleep. I'm usually done by dinner time. :becky: :thumb:

Looking killer Robb! I'm throwing a butt on tomorrow. On the stick burner. :laugh:

What seasoning did you use? Color looks amazing.

As much as I love stick burning, it ain’t happening with a houseful of kids... lol. Honestly, I’m not 100% sure I’ll ever have a stick burner again, even as an empty nester. Perhaps I am wrong, but I love what I have :)

As far as rub...

4e0dfed27d6c47ba850fffe93b266e0b.jpg

That's a beautiful butt.
As far as stick burning goes, I've been at it for almost a year now and the more I do it the more I like it. I always get an early start though and never do overnighters.

That's a beautiful butt.
As far as stick burning goes, I've been at it for almost a year now and the more I do it the more I like it. I always get an early start though and never do overnighters.

I hear ya loud and clear. I used to burn sticks... and it’s a blast. That’s why I always ask guys/gals a bunch of questions when they start asking for cooker advice. We are all different, and have different needs/wants in a cooker. Gotta figure out what works best for you and yours and get to cookin’ :)

Looks great Robb! I’ll just say this; I made my best ribs and best brisket ever on my offset last weekend. I don’t see the MAK getting much use anymore. I was tired though after the brisket cook. Still, definitely worth the effort.

Butt looks good Robb and if I was doing them on the MAK I'd go with the long game too. Last 5 or so I've done have taken 4 1/4 to 5hrs, oh and they have been awesome too. When I do get a stick burner it's going to be 275-300+ on cooks no reason to go low & slow (unless you want to) except on a Pellet Grill.

That looks amazing! I still refuse to cook over night! I know a lot of guys that do it.. But even on my silverbac I do enjoy checking in on the food and cooker see how its running. I don't care if I have thermometers, alarms.. I know pellet cookers are known to flame out at random times for some reason... and if I bell starts ringing while I'm sleep I'd jump up like the house is on fire LOL!

Not to worry - they're half as manly as they think they are [emoji3]

leaving.gif
Yes I am! Does that make Rob half of that? We're starting to get into TP math here. [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That looks amazing! I still refuse to cook over night! I know a lot of guys that do it.. But even on my silverbac I do enjoy checking in on the food and cooker see how its running. I don't care if I have thermometers, alarms.. I know pellet cookers are known to flame out at random times for some reason... and if I bell starts ringing while I'm sleep I'd jump up like the house is on fire LOL!

Thanks buddy! Man, I have done hundreds of overnight cooks over the years. Haven’t burned the house down yet (knock on wood).

Back