Salmon Question?

D

Derek

How do you thaw out a 6 oz salmon steak fillet fast so by lunch time, so I can pan sear it and throw some seasoning on?

You can also put the bag on a something conductive, like a cast iron griddle or frying pan, the larger the better. It'll thaw amazingly quickly just sitting on a counter. I was surprised to find that a granite counter top does a pretty good job, too.

You can also put the bag on a something conductive, like a cast iron griddle or frying pan, the larger the better. It'll thaw amazingly quickly just sitting on a counter. I was surprised to find that a granite counter top does a pretty good job, too.
TMJST, I may have to give this science experiment a try.

By the way I'm eating my salmon now "I wish I could post a pic of it but too ashamed on how it turned out )

TMJST, I may have to give this science experiment a try.

By the way I'm eating my salmon now "I wish I could post a pic of it but too ashamed on how it turned out )
Well, since you're EATING it, I assume it can't be that bad.:biggrin:

Well, since you're EATING it, I assume it can't be that bad.:biggrin:
It wasn't but the fish was all broken up and looked horrible.

Soon enough I'll get a restaurant look to it, then I'll post some pron pics of it.

There is a restaurant in town that takes their salmon straight from the freezer into the pan, lots of butter and a little seasoning. I ordered the salmon once and asked how they kept it so juicy as the owners are friends of ours they had no problems letting me know. I have found that thawing out any frozen salmon tends to make it a bit dry so this method may have some merit
Enjoy
Gary

Back