The "Ultimate" Smoker...

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
What if...you had access to a sheetmetal shop and could design and build the smoker of your dreams. Or perhaps you already own your "dream smoker". What features would (does) it have...and what would (does) it look like?

This is strictly hypothetical and just for fun! I do not own nor work in a sheetmetal shop (honestly)...but I am gathering ideas for a "UDS" as posted in a previous thread. Have fun! :biggrin:

I'm thinking of a custom UDS & scale replica of Apollo 11...

That's the spirit...shoot for the stars! LOL! I am fairly new to smoking so my knowledge of them is limited to my WSM and what I have seen in bbq forums and web sites. But...they have definitely piqued my interest and am curious as to how one would go about building the ultimate smoker. I figured with all the knowledge and experience here we could come up with some killer designs!

JD

Double walled insulated trailer mounted offset fired stumps clone with a skillet top to the firebox to fry on, a grill to directly grill on, a smoker chamber with rotisserie, some deep fat fryers and 3 sinks and a hand washing station, an enclosed prep area, somewhere to bunk while cooking overnights, with A/C for the summers and heat for the winters, good lighting and its own generator, a real sized toilet and bathroom with a twin shower stall, and a hot tub that seats 8.

Oh! And enough money for the tractor to pull it and the fuel to both run it and drive it all over the land competing, every weekend of the year that I wanted.

I would like to build it from scratch, I already have 1 sink and a deep fat fryer, all I need is the rest!:lol:

Double walled insulated trailer mounted offset fired stumps clone with a skillet top to the firebox to fry on, a grill to directly grill on, a smoker chamber with rotisserie, some deep fat fryers and 3 sinks and a hand washing station, an enclosed prep area, somewhere to bunk while cooking overnights, with A/C for the summers and heat for the winters, good lighting and its own generator, a real sized toilet and bathroom with a twin shower stall, and a hot tub that seats 8.

Oh! And enough money for the tractor to pull it and the fuel to both run it and drive it all over the land competing, every weekend of the year that I wanted.

I would like to build it from scratch, I already have 1 sink and a deep fat fryer, all I need is the rest!:lol:

Don't forget the bevvie of scantly clad young ladies to skim the meat juice form the hot tub! :shock:

I would go with a trailer mounted unit, large enough for a medium sized pig but not too big. It would have multiple shelves. The offset fire box would be behind the unit in the center to assist with even heating in an attempt to elliminate hot spots. Those are the basics for now.

I would build a smoker EXACTLY like my Lang!!!!!
I love that Big Black Mogetter.
Smoke On!!!!!

Not asking for much are we?:wink:

Not asking for much are we?:wink:

I forgot to mention that money was no object as well...:biggrin:

I've been thinking along the lines of all stainless steel (no rust), auto pellet smoke wood , auto conveyor ash removal, computer automated temp and smoke control (with remote sensors for internal and meat temps)...perfect "Q" every time! :p

I would build a smoker EXACTLY like my Lang!!!!!
I love that Big Black Mogetter.
Smoke On!!!!!

Awesome...you already have your dream smoker! Actually I'm pretty happy with my WSM...it's just my wife and I...and so far it has produced some of the best bbq I've ever tasted (thanks to a lot of tips and tricks from folks like yourseal).

But...it's fun to dream...dreaming is free! :mrgreen:

WOW! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap !

I'm thinking of a custom UDS & scale replica of Apollo 11...

One helluva an idea !!
I think I would make it inverted (heading back to earth)
but it would be Apollo 13.

500 gallon size propane tank size.
You would need to put a ladder out there.

Those guys on 13 didn't have a chance in hell of coming back
until a group of Engineers threw out a pile of items and said
they needed to make a round hole square (basically) with these
items and tools.
THEY MADE IT........
WHAT A FARKING TRIBUTE THAT WOULD BE !!

SMOKESTACKS coming from the arse end and the nose cone heading to USA.

That would be my dream smoker

Mine would look like a John Deere Tractor with a Cadillac grill and Harley Davidson drag pipes for exhaust. Hey, I've got an idea!

I would build a spicewine too. Why mess with perfection. I've got it so she burns almost 5 hours on a charcoal and wood combo. Now if she had a self cleaning mod, that would be the best way to go.

I think this one has most of what I would want... It does need a keg fridge and a roof tho...

david-klose-bbq-grill.jpg

Dave Klose's Bling Bling...

Back