Foil pans for a 22" grate?

Saiko

is One Chatty Farker
I'm trying to find some foil pans that are large enough to hold a packer or a large butt and can fit on a 22" grate on the WSM. I've looked around but can't seem to find anything.

Costco has two sizes for their foil steam pans, full size and half size. The full size is too large, and the half size is too small. Anybody have any ideas?
I have access to Restaurant Depot but haven't looked there yet.

My mother in law always gives us strangely shaped pans that she gets from Big Lots of all places. They aren't usually as thick as the ones at sam's or the grocery store, but might be worth a look if you have one nearby.

Restaurant Depot only has half and full as well...I've had the same issue. The roasters are the best I've found so far.

any reason not to just turn the corners down on the full pans? i usually turn the corners down and spread the sides a bit and use them as water/drip pans on my UDSs. other than that the turkey pans, but like others have said they are pretty thin imo.

I use the full size pans from costco...just bend the ears a little! :thumb: Sorry about the huge pic...:icon_blush:

Hot%20%26%20Fast%20(45).jpg

I use the full size pans from costco...just bend the ears a little!

Yeah, that's what I'm doing now. :grin:

I was just wondering if there was a pan available that didn't need to be bent like that. I'll check out the turkey roaster pans at the grocery store.
Thanks guys!

I found some cookie sheets that are the perfect size. I just double wrap them in foil and use a cooling rack that fits it to keep the meat off the pan. I figure Im going to waist the foil pan or waist the foil to double wrap the cookie sheet. same difference and still no clean up
On a side note. The cookie sheets are alot sturdier than the foil pans also.

Ah am I missing something here? Why the pan? Don't you put the meat right on the grate in the smoker?

Ah am I missing something here? Why the pan? Don't you put the meat right on the grate in the smoker?

That's a whole new thread there. Personally, I sometimes wrap butts and briskys with some liquid for a couple of hours once they hit 150-160, then back on the grate to firm the bark up. Sometimes I don't, it depends on my mood. I like to use the de-fatted juice from the briskys to pour over the slices.

I usually wrap everything in HD foil, but with the liquid it can get kind of tricky. It's easier to just use a pan.

Let's not turn this into a wrapping vs not wrapping discussion please though, I'm just looking for some pans that will fit my 22" WSM.:-D

Maybe someone should contact weber and they could add the pan to their list of accessories.

You could use a large deep dish pizza pan. They are available at rest supply houses.

jon

Back