Special BBQ Brethren "Virgin, Rookie, Amateur, FNG" Throwdown!

Okay. I was going to stick with just the one entry but........I finished my propane tank smoker

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113660

and cooked my first meal on her.

I cooked two fatties, some baked potatoes, grilled romaine, and a Tri tip. Here it is all plated up.

DSC03894.jpg

DSC03896.jpg

I think that taking pictures of my Pron is wearing off on my little girl.:rofl:

DSC03890.jpg

The fatties were naked, one with a little homemade rub, and the other with a Kansas City rub by Weber. The grilled salad had some garlic olive oil and parmesan cheese. the Potatoes were just wrapped with some sea salt and served with homemade bacon bits. All served with an ice cold beer:becky::becky:

Last edited:
Looking over some of the other entries, It seems to me that this is going to be one heck of a throw down.
Since I am able to enter more than one dish I would like to bring another shot at the field. My first entry was, I feel, rather weak. The food was good, but it is not really going to compete well. I kinda think that I owe it to myself to try again since this is such a powerful field. I also think that I should have done a better job for my competitors.
With that said, I'd like to add this second entry.
This meal was made on Friday evening. This is a simple Fajita. I made it on the weber performer.
I was told to make dinner Friday evening, but was not given any idea of what to do. I went to the grocery store with little idea of what to make. I saw the tortillas, ran into some inexpensive cuts of beef (I forgot what the cut was called) nabbed the nicest looking Romaine Lettuce, and went home.

I marinated the meat in a bowl of fresh squeezed orange juice for a few hours. The peppers, green onions, and bean sprouts are from my garden.

terrynanascrib001.jpg

This whole meal (minus cheese and bean sprouts) hit the grill at some point. In the top of the pic, you will see an heirloom tomato called "yellow ping pong" below them you see some "Marconi Red" peppers, the corn is a bi color super sweet, and some scallions.

terrynanascrib002.jpg

I used my traditional pan for transporting the cooked food to the kitchen, staging it on a potting bench I made. The table sees more food and cooking stuffs than it does potting.

terrynanascrib004.jpg

Served on a paper plate, the fajita was topped with a bit of shredded cheddar cheese.

terrynanascrib006.jpg

There ya have it, Fajitas.

Please use the third picture of this post as my entry. It is the pic of the whole meal.

Last edited:
I threw this together tonight as well. It is one of my favorite things to do with salmon. And, the best part is it is fairly simple and anyone can do it. I will post more details in a thread tomorrow. For now enjoy smoked salmon alfredo over farfalle with a side of salmon.

DSCN0938.jpg

I threw this together tonight as well. It is one of my favorite things to do with salmon. And, the best part is it is fairly simple and anyone can do it. I will post more details in a thread tomorrow. For now enjoy smoked salmon alfredo over farfalle with a side of salmon.

DSCN0938.jpg

Colonel this looks just like a dish I had last weekend that was absolutely fantastic. YUM!

Thanks. I forgot to put together a thread/description on it. I will have to do that. It's a very simple pasta that I love making with salmon.

BTW, don't jinx me :becky:

Thanks. I forgot to put together a thread/description on it. I will have to do that. It's a very simple pasta that I love making with salmon.

BTW, don't jinx me :becky:

Please do put together the thread/description... I'd love to add it to our favorites tab! I would have already burst your bubble if I was paying better attention to the entries. Alas I have no more votes to cast. :doh::doh::doh:

I can only hope to get a goose egg against the cutest little grillin' girl with plastic food on the grill. That would be epic.

Back