Pork Nacho Pron

B

Brimhack

UT-Baylor was this weekend, and what better way to celebrate the tossing of pig skin than with the smoking of pig meat?

Well, the food took a bit longer than I expected to smoke, and by the time everything was out of the smoke, it was just about time to leave. I figured I could plate things up and take a few pictures at the tailgate... Boy was I wrong.

Showed up, dropped off the food, and then hopped back in the car to find parking and head back to the tailgate. The parking/walking took about 15 minutes, tops. Turns out, while I was gone, one of the nearby tailgates ran out of food. So they headed over to our tailgate to sample what we had to offer. And by "sample", I mean, within that 15 minutes, all the food I brought was gone.

I was honored by how quickly the food went. Slightly sad that I didn't get to take pictures. Fortunately, I did get to take a picture of the pork nachos that I made:

I started off with a Boston butt and three fatties. Once everything was deliciously tender, I pulled the pork, crumbled up the fatties, mixed it together with four fat spoonfuls of this blazing hot sauce (courtesy of Meathead over at AmazingRibs : http://www.amazingribs.com/recipes/other_fun_sauces/hot_sauce.html) , mixed it with four cups of shredded cheese and served it over these thick pita bread chips. Fortunately, I snapped a picture of one of the trays after I assembled the nachos, so I humbly submit the following for your approval:

33osdup.jpg

Looks great. I love making nachos with leftover pork.

Where do you tailgate? I'm over at 18th and San Jacento. I cooked 3 briskets, 4 butts, 20 lbs of chicken and it was all gone.

Back