Just Moved from Salt Lake City to Austin

Status
Not open for further replies.

stan

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Just wanted to drop everyone a note. I joined several months ago but have not been very active. I just took a job promotion and moved from Salt Lake City to Austin in late November.

Even with a corporate relo moving sucks and when they say they pay for the move that is BS. Needless to say driving from SLC to Austin was not fun. Wife, 14 month old and 2 yellow labs makes for slow travel.

We made it and are finally settled in and I am back online now.

I am planning a little open house on Jan 1 for to meet my neigbors with some baby backs, pork tenderloin, turds and what ever else I can fit on the dera.

Thanks for all the great ideas for the smoker in Qtalk. I am pretty new to this only been smoking for a little over 2 years and the dera is only a year old.

Stan

Welcome to the Group.

Welcome to the group. Where in Austin are you? My Brother-in-law lives there and I'll be there in May to make a one week pilgrimage of the Texas BBQ joints. Wanna join me?

Stan, Church Town to Party Town, that's quite a move!! Welcome to the group, jump in and let us know what you're cookin'!!

Robert - I live in Round Rock a suburb north of Austin. Keep me in mind when you come to town I have not got to all the Que joints in the area and have heard of some good ones.

Stan

Welcome, Stan.

Keep me in mind when you come to town I have not got to all the Que joints in the area and have heard of some good ones.

Welcome Stan - this is exactly what I loved about my one trip to TX - farking Q joints everywhere - almost like Mexican food in Los Angeles.

I'll be there in May to make a one week pilgrimage of the Texas BBQ joints. Wanna join me?

Appreciate the Warning.

Look out for those Texas guys. I hear that the only thing from Texas are steers and queers. Welcome aboard.

Welcome, Stan I have an Aunt that lives in Round Rock she's about 150 years old and still drives, can't see, and won't slow down. We want he to move to FLA but she said that there is too many old people there that cant drive.

Again welcome and watch out for my Aunt EM.

Trout

Welcome! We always love to have another Texan Brethren on board! You'll find plenty of Longhorns around as well!! You'll love Austin...I am sure you will have plenty of suggestions on places to go...but to start...

Bar B Que - Stubbs...downtown, great Q and great music together! County Line used to be pretty good as well, can't verify for current status...then there is Salt Like...BYOB and nothin' but picnic tables, but it's a good time!

Mexican - Go to Chuy's Hula Hut..good food, even better margaritas, great summer hang out!

Late Night - well, with a wife a child, you may not need this suggestions...but if you are out with the guys late one night...find Kirby Lane Cafe, or Katz's - can't miss with either

Other - Scholtz's Beer Garden...an Austin icon...

You'll find Austin to be a great place to live! Wish I was back there now!

Austin.......a musician's town, with BBQ! Wonder if Stubbs still has a local music gig thing happening..........

Welcome my new brother!

Solidkick said:
Austin.......a musician's town, with BBQ! Wonder if Stubbs still has a local music gig thing happening..........

Welcome my new brother!

See JacksonsDad's post above. There are those that would say that Stubb's is more about the music than the food now. I used to love to go in and get The Major now and then. It's been too long. Time to go in and give it another shot.

http://www.stubbsaustin.com/

Jorge said:
Solidkick said:

Welcome my new brother!

See JacksonsDad's post above. There are those that would say that Stubb's is more about the music than the food now. I used to love to go in and get The Major now and then. It's been too long. Time to go in and give it another shot.

http://www.stubbsaustin.com/

Hmmmmmmm......didn't see Stacy's post when I made my comment.......

Sounds like a good time! I was a musician before I was a Q'er. I should go and be a critic to both! ;)

Austin, where the men are men and so are some of the women. :D

Brian sent me some Stubbs sauce in the last round of the Sauce Trading Group. Good sheeet, Maynard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back