Dover announces a new date

watg?

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I just got this email:

Attention all BBQers…

No more winds of October, no more freezing rain and, best of all, no more waiting. Announcing…The 2010 Diamond State BBQ will be held August 21st. Check in Friday August 20th. If you’re interested in competing or judging, please complete the attached forms and return them to my attention at your earliest convenience.

I look forward to seeing you all again this year.

Thank you,

Melinda

Really? Hmmmm.. That might change some plans of mine...

Come to think of it. This contest (Dover) would then have 2 draws out of Delaware this year...

Man..... I liked the weather at Dover in October. Time to update the schedule though!

Really? Hmmmm.. That might change some plans of mine...

Come to think of it. This contest (Dover) would then have 2 draws out of Delaware this year...

It is actually going to be 3 with a contest in Middletown DE in a few weeks. Sucks for Jacked up BBQ who won Dover last year thinking it was an automatic. Now 3!!

We will really miss the event... Fully booked for catering that weekend.

So 3 big Mid-Atlantic contests 3 weekends in a row -- Bel Air, Dover and New Holland. Wow.

And what exactly is going on in June?

The Beltway comp, room for 30 teams. Other than that, there's the DC comp then nothing until Wildwood on 7/9.

I LOVE that windy cold weather!!!!! Wow someone really doesn't want us for the JACK! I will have no choice but to go defend the title. I love the new date, it is going to be a way smaller comp though.

Back