Bigmista's Secret Sauce

Bigdog

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Several years ago, I had the privilege of meeting Bigmista and first trying some of his BBQ sauce. It was so different and awesome that I told him he needs to sell it. Well someday soon that may actually happen. Last year at the American Royal he had some all bottled up and was asking for feedback from others. Now I don't know what others think about it but I love it! Hopefully those of you who were also privileged to sample it will chime in here and let him know what you think of it.

You may be saying to yourself: What makes this sauce so good? For me it's the perfect blend of spices and flavoring that makes it. No one flavor blasts out, rather they all blend beautifully into a symphony of spices. Not too sweat, not too sour, not too anything. Just a great balance of flavors that complements most any BBQ whether it be ribs, chicken, beef or pork.

The other thing I like about this sauce is that it is different than any other sauce that I have tried, and I have tried a lot of them. It does take some getting used to for that same reason. You try it and at first you say that it tastes good, but you are not quite sure why. You have some more of it and you say to yourself, man that's good. And then you try it again and you say to yourself, man, that's really awesome sauce! I think that it is the amount of ingredients in it and the layers of flavors that you experience when you eat it that makes it so good.

My only complaints are that this stuff is not available for sale yet, and that it is not hot enough for me, but still is very, very good still. He spoiled me one time when he made me up a hotter version of this sauce. Maybe when he starts selling it, he will also make a hot version.

So if and when he ever starts selling this stuff, I hope you will try some and see what I mean. My daughter is his biggest fan and refers to this sauce as "My Sauce" but I think that I am a bigger fan (at least I have her outweighed). :becky: Maybe you will become a fan too. :cool:

I agree Steve.

It's been a few years since I had the opportunity to try it, but it's really excellent. It just hits on all cylinders with a perfect balance of sweetness, spice and lots of tang.

Mista's been leading me on for years with the recipe. Last week, he even went so far as to PM me the ingredients list (sworn to secrecy on that) but tricked me on the proportions with the following X cups, x/x cup etc so I've got to basically guess !!!

He's the BBQ version of a caulk tease but it's OK. I'll wait for the time when he can finally get around to bottling it. It will be worth the wait since it's that good !!!

You listening Mista ???

I agree Steve.

It's been a few years since I had the opportunity to try it, but it's really excellent. It just hits on all cylinders with a perfect balance of sweetness, spice and lots of tang.

Mista's been leading me on for years with the recipe. Last week, he even went so far as to PM me the ingredients list but tricked me on the proportions with the following X cups, x/x cup etc...

He's the BBQ version of a caulk tease but it's OK.I'll wait for the time when he can finally get around to bottling it. It will be worth the wait since it's that good !!!

You listening Mista ???

Yupper, same here. He gave me the list too but when I asked the big fella the amounts, he just looks at me and smiles and says, thats up to you Brother. :confused::tsk::becky:

Thanks Big Dog and Vinny! WE are looking at doing some small batches and selling them on the internet. The trick is finding a bottle that is light enough to keep the shipping from costing more than the sauce.

BTW...I do have a recipe for a spicy sauce now...

Let us all know what the link is to the Bigmista website when you get them bottling issues squared away...I'd hit that

Ive got a bottle in the fridge right now, tis some gggggggggggooooooooodddddddddddd ssssssstttttttuuuuuufffffffff

I'm ready to order...just let me know when and where...:nod:

I - err I mean MRS_MRI - thinks that the sauce is just OK and that I NEED (at her request of course), to bring some more home to keep me - err I mean her - happy in a couple weeks (MRI install mod in Burbank coming up).

After all I - err I mean MRS_MRI - can not make a well informed opinion unless I (again I mean her/she) has another opportunity to sample that damn near perfect sauce.

Thanks Big Dog and Vinny! WE are looking at doing some small batches and selling them on the internet. The trick is finding a bottle that is light enough to keep the shipping from costing more than the sauce.

BTW...I do have a recipe for a spicy sauce now...
Save all the bottling, labeling, and shipping hassle and just give us the recipe. :-D :wink:

Hook a brotha up! :becky:

John

Big Mista's sauce is just plain ole goodness!:thumb::clap2:

Well on further insight, Mrs. Mista is his taste tester!

Pfft... I have in-laws that live off of Johnson Drive (old Montalvo), so I know that ain't right. Have you ever been to Buster's "BBQ"? :-D

John

Well, from one FunkMaster to another....

I for one am pretty unlikely to get a taste of that sauce anytimes soon!

How'bout it BigMista! Can you PM me that recipe (without the volumes...) I don't mind a bit of trial and error fun. I might be able to come back at ya with an "Aussie" Variation!

Cheers!

Bill

Pfft... I have in-laws that live off of Johnson Drive (old Montalvo), so I know that ain't right. Have you ever been to Buster's "BBQ"? :-D

John

Johnson's drive, I smell a mini bash when you come out again! :clap2:

Heard about Buster's and the reviews are ifffy! I am a BBQ snob:hand:, so it would not be wise to ask me, lol:laugh:

Well, from one FunkMaster to another....

I for one am pretty unlikely to get a taste of that sauce anytimes soon!

How'bout it BigMista! Can you PM me that recipe (without the volumes...) I don't mind a bit of trial and error fun. I might be able to come back at ya with an "Aussie" Variation!

Cheers!

Bill
I can't imagine that Da Mista has a Vegemite sauce. :becky:

John

Johnson's drive, I smell a mini bash when you come out again! :clap2:

Heard about Buster's and the reviews are ifffy! I am a BBQ snob:hand:, so it would not be wise to ask me, lol:laugh:
Ahhhh yeah! I'll be there in mid to late June while the kiddies visit the grandparents. We'll have to make a mandate to burn some meat.

John

Ahhhh yeah! I'll be there in mid to late June while the kiddies visit the grandparents. We'll have to make a mandate to burn some meat.

John

As long as it not the 27th of June weekend, we are good to go,; mom's 70th b-day! Disinherited mod, if I do not show up :icon_blush:

Guys, please don't ask Bigmista for his recipe. I know that you would like to have it but please remember the guy quit his regular job and is BBQing full time. His Q and his sauce are his livelyhood. Thanks.

Back