Open a BBQ restaurant, they said. It will be fun, they said

Stumbled upon this thread shortly after joining and took several days of almost constant reading to get to this last page but it was nothing short of inspirational and also provided me with a picture of the good, bad, and ugly that comes with owning a restaurant. Having many years of restaurant experience almost exclusively in the FOH I had a pretty realistic picture of what it would be like but there were definitely things in this thread that were brought to my attention that I did not think about. I have wanted to venture into the entrepreneurial world for years now and have dabbled with the idea of being a restaurateur. This thread has given me a lot to think about in terms of if that is really the direction I want to go. I want to thank Jeremy so much for taking the time to share this whole experience with us and would definitely echo what others have been saying - write a book! Anyone thinking about starting a restaurant should read through your experience first IMO. I am all the way down in South Carolina so will not be up to visit anytime soon but if I am ever up that way I will be sure to stop on in. Wish you the best of luck and look forward to seeing where this takes you!

Ready for a new plot twist? We had to close the restaurant this week, temporarily at least, because I have covid. I damn near wound up in the hospital Monday night.

Seriously, 2020 can kiss my ass.

Worst part of it is not having taste or smell. My entire life revolves around tasting things. If this doesn’t come back I don’t know what I’ll do. To be honest I’m kind of scared.

Jeremy, if you can, an update on how you are doing? Hoping things have gotten better, but I know this thing can linger.

Just pointing out this thread is up to page 225, a good number for a smoking thread!

Really hope your doing ok through all this Jeremy!

And best wishes to everyone else! (Sorry if the notification for this got you excited!)

Since we're bumping threads, I had to give this one a bump. For one reason, the pickle recipe. I'll save you from having to go through 225 pages to find it, it's post 545.

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2722966&postcount=545

When you make it, be careful of the salt content, Jeremy uses Diamond Crystal, so if you happen to use Morton, it'll be WAAAYY too salty unless you adjust.

Good Stuff! :thumb:

Back