Grilled Porkchops with Jalapeno Cornbread Stuffin'

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
jeanie
I grilled these on the Char-Broil infrared...
this was my third time using the grill, I'm still learning.

74d5910a-1.jpg

quick cured some pork chops for 2 hours with tenderquick..

231ca09d-1.jpg

while the chops cured I made a skillet of jalapeno cornbread..
adding minced jalapenos, minced scallions and whole kernals of corn.

274667f5-1.jpg

made the stuffing of jalapeno cornbread, melted butter, chicken stock and cracked black pepper...

0dbef35d-1.jpg

rinsed the cured chops, cut a slit down the middle and filled with stuffing..
drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with cracked black pepper.

6ad51066-1.jpg

grilled on medium high heat until the stuffing reached an IT of 165F

d990384a-1.jpg

2d4dd541-1.jpg

I liked em. :becky:

2be7c8d6-1.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Looks great, reminds me of the chops I got as a kid on my grandfathers farm. I think they where cured, then smoked, then stuffed and grilled. Wish I had that recipe today.

That looks great! I hope that cornbread wasn't sweet or you'll never hear the end of it from Guerry......

hahahaa... Thanks! It wasn't sweet. Had a bit of a bite from the jalapenos and onions, and I cooked the bread in a smoker.

913e86d0-1.jpg

8ee25f6e-1.jpg

Looks great, reminds me of the chops I got as a kid on my grandfathers farm. I think they where cured, then smoked, then stuffed and grilled. Wish I had that recipe today.

Jonesy those sound great!!! Thanks!

Jeanie, I am always amazed at your posts - simply incredible. I'm still not sure how you can be so awesome!

Thank you for the kind comments!

Jeanie, I am always amazed at your posts - simply incredible. I'm still not sure how you can be so awesome!

Dan thanks! It's really good to see you. You and family are on my mind.

Was the quick cure enough to make them taste hammy and less like a regular pork chop?

They weren't hammy, just moist and tender... the chops were about 1 1/2" thick and I didn't cure them very long. I think a longer cure would have made them "hammy".

Thanks again friends!

^^^Yeah, the quick cure caught my eye as well - I'd like to hear more about that - sounds very interesting - is that a moisture retention thing?

So glad to hear the cornbread wasn't sweet - further proof that you do just about everything right! :clap2:

That is looking really good..........

Thank you Big Bears! :)

Jeanie could you expand a bit on the cure process? Did you just sprinkle some TQ on them and let them sit?

I sprinkle the chops with TQ (1TBS will do 1 pound of meat).. then I place them in a plastic bag and let them sit in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours. The thinner chops only take about 1 hour. I usually cure thick ones for 2 hours. They need to be rinsed well after curing.
The quick cure makes the chop moist and tender. :)

^^^Yeah, the quick cure caught my eye as well - I'd like to hear more about that - sounds very interesting - is that a moisture retention thing?

So glad to hear the cornbread wasn't sweet - further proof that you do just about everything right! :clap2:

lol Thanks! I like unsweetened/spicy cornbread in chops. :becky:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Back