Any homemade Grill carts/islands out there?

DaveMW

is Blowin Smoke!
I would like an island/grill cart that can stay outside. I don't want to throw $300+ dollars at this project but I would like more work surface around my cookers (Weber Kettle, gasser & smoker). I won't be using it for prep but I am tired of the lack of space to set stuff while cooking. Here is what I am looking for: Homemade (or inexpensive), able to be left out outside (bonus points if it is a size that a grill cover can be purchased to fit over to protect), mobile (on wheels but I can figure that out), NO sink, extra burners etc. I am looking for two major things: Storage of grill accessories (grill wok, tongs, kabob baskets etc) and space to set larger platters, basters, grill tools, wood chips and the like. Any idea, plans and/or photos would be greatly appreciated. This is for home use only. Thoughts?

here's mine
thecart.jpg

I had some leftover time and decided to use that for the surface but having a space for a removable cutting board or an aluminum stainless top would probably be more utilitarian. Mine is 4' long and 18" deep so I can slide it in the garage with a car parked in there still but it is made out of treated and polyurethaned coated 1x4's so it should hold up to some weather anyway.

Weber Utility cart

IMG_2857.jpg

100_1564.jpg

Weber Whatzit Dual burner cart

100_3013.jpg

Metro carts work great too!

100_2129.jpg

100_2128.jpg

100_3292.jpg

100_3237.jpg

Or check out the Naked Whiz Table Gallery for more inspiration!

Back