My Grilla Silverbac Pellet Pooper has Arrived!

MeatyOakerSmoker

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I just received my Grilla Silverbac Original. I assembled it, seasoned it, and it was ready for the first cook pretty darn quickly. Luckily our babysitter decided to bring me a crazy amount of meat to smoke for her so I was set to go.

It same very well packaged and placed in my garage.
IMG_2679.jpg

Assembled:
bff48115250d0e4c9794982d04ac7703.jpg

First cook which wasn’t small by any means:
IMG_2658.jpg

The ribs:
IMG_2671.jpg

This is the following cook. I did a small one for our family. Beef short ribs and duck breast.
IMG_2677.jpg
IMG_2678.jpg

I got to say I’m pretty impressed with the company. The delivery process was seamless. The standard screw set you get for assembly came with everything you needed to get yourself up and running quickly, including wrenches and a screwdriver. The quality and weight of the components are solid. The seasoning process is simple and customer service responded quickly to every question I had which were mainly me being a bit OCD rather than lack of documentation on their end. Given the fact that I ran it in damn chilly weather ie high 20s or low 30s and for 10 hours or more, it didn’t churn through pellets as quickly as I had feared.

The big cook wasn’t the perfect run because it was our babysitters food so it went home with her and although I had a small taste and she offered us more, it wasn’t seasoned my way and I didn’t purchase the meat so I don’t know if it’s comparing apples to apples. However two things rang true, the ease of a pellet smoker is undeniable and the smoke ring and flavor were definitely present. The small cook I did wasn’t my normal meal.

I’ll report more about cleanup, flavor, etc in the future but as far as having a smoker that is easy to use the cold and gets you up and running when you don’t have a lot of time I’m definitely happy with the purchase.

Ok so what don’t I like:
1) bottom cabinet doors are flimsy
2) you need to buy an accessory kit to keep the dripping from getting on your patio
3) I noticed random puffs of smoke
4) I believe I read it should have a temp variation of +/- 10 but I saw up to 25 degree swings
5) really minor masking tap along the lid didn’t come off well

Smitty might be interested in Grilla’s retort to having the very best possible controller:
https://grillagrills.com/pid-controllers/

Anyway I’m pretty happy overall that there are now more opportunities to cook with ease but time will tell if I like it better than the flavor of my Lang which is so far a no.

Congrats! It all looks great. Can you further describe the issue with dripping on your patio?

Congrats! It all looks great. Can you further describe the issue with dripping on your patio?

Sure... the lid doesn't seal perfectly (similar to my Lang) so when you heat it up some of the drippings can come around the lid and through the gap. It hasn't been too bad to be honest. Just something I'm keeping my eye on to see if I need to buy the accessory kit.

I also asked them about the 25 degree swings. They replied within 5 mins. They said this can be normal in the first few cooks but usually stabilizes to no more than 15 degrees over time but usually +/- 10 degrees.

I'm new to pellet grills too; the GMG Black Friday sale got me. Cooks look great!

Congrats on your new SB! I really believe you’ll come to love it as you learn it. Love the first meat pic... you are one crazy dude sticking that much meat in a brand new cooker for its maiden voyage... lol.

I'm new to pellet grills too; the GMG Black Friday sale got me. Cooks look great!

I looked at them before I went with the Silverbac. I was looking at the DB mostly because I've heard of temp control issues with the JB. My local dealer only had the Wifi models and I didn't want to spend the extra money on the Wifi and another rack to get the capacity of the Silverbac. That's at least how I decided. Would love to hear about your experience with yours!

Congrats on your new SB! I really believe you’ll come to love it as you learn it. Love the first meat pic... you are one crazy dude sticking that much meat in a brand new cooker for its maiden voyage... lol.

Maybe because it wasn't my meat it wasn't so crazy! :loco: That massive chunk of meat actually came out very well.

Thanks! I joined their Facebook group and man there are some amazing customer service stories on there. Hard to feel bad about this purchase.

Congrats! Looks like a quality unit.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Un-boxing threads are the best, I get the joy of un-boxing without spending the $$$. Nice grill!

Back