Hello from Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BlueHwyBBQ

I've been lurking for a while now, but thought I'd introduce my self finally.

I've been trying to cook good BBQ for many years (20+) since I've moved to MD and can't find the good BBQ I ate in Mississippi.

I've been a kcbs cbj for 4 years now. This year I jumped into the deep end and tried competing. I cooked at Pork in the Park (MD) and the Art of BBQ (NJ). I discovered that it is much harder to cook four meats at one time that to cook any one meat. I have a lot of practice in front of me before I compete again.

My goal for now is to cook good BBQ for friends and family. (And to not spend all of my free time reading the bbq related forums.)

Scott
Blue Highway BBQ

Welcome to the best forum on the web. Post often with pictures. You are supposed to be on the forum while the meat is cooking, that way you are not wasting time.

Glad you came out of the closet, Trey! :)

Welcome aboard.

Arlin

cooltext90275887.gif

Welcome, now pull up a stump and take a load off!!!

I've been lurking for a while now, but thought I'd introduce my self finally.

I've been trying to cook good BBQ for many years (20+) since I've moved to MD and can't find the good BBQ I ate in Mississippi.

I've been a kcbs cbj for 4 years now. This year I jumped into the deep end and tried competing. I cooked at Pork in the Park (MD) and the Art of BBQ (NJ). I discovered that it is much harder to cook four meats at one time that to cook any one meat. I have a lot of practice in front of me before I compete again.

My goal for now is to cook good BBQ for friends and family. (And to not spend all of my free time reading the bbq related forums.)

Scott
Blue Highway BBQ

Welcome aboard. I grew up in MD and good BBQ isn't that common. Whenever I go back I always make sure to load up on crab cakes, steamed crabs etc.

There was a guy down near college park who sold BBQ out of a truck on the side of route 1 though. Damned tasty stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back