Unusual Recipes

MrSmoker

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Reaction score
I'm looking for unusual recipes to pepare for the Copper Chef Challange.I don't know what to expect.Might be Rattle snake,Ostrich or Pig Snouts.I don't know what they will give us until that day.So i want to try a few different things before hand. :roll:

What are the cooking rules to the Copper Chef challenge? Are you limited to what you will get to cook with? Or do you just have to turn out good food from what you are given?

Re: RE: Unusual Recipes

icemn62 said:
What are the cooking rules to the Copper Chef challenge? Are you limited to what you will get to cook with? Or do you just have to turn out good food from what you are given?
We are bringing our own cookers,etc.We just don't know what we are cooking.

RE: Re: RE: Unusual Recipes

Take stuff for mainades or brines and rub/seasoning! Plenty of dried herbs, etc. Foil, foil pans, etc. just in case you need to braise or whatever instead of slow cook. Olive oil, soy sauce, flavored vinegars, etc. could be in your kit, too.

Sounds like a version of "Ready, Set, Cook" for FoodTV a few years ago. The BBQ Challenge on OLN is similar - except the cookers are provided along with the meat.

Good luck - it should be great fun!

RE: Re: RE: Unusual Recipes

If you get stuck with wild game try giving it a soak in some buttermilk, if you want to tone down the gaminess some assuming you have the time. If you can do More than smoke, and have a turkey fryer give some thought to starting the meat in the smoker to pick up some flavor, and then bread and fry to pick up additional flavor from seasoning in the breading. Nothing strong enough to overpower the meat, but just enough to add a little something.

My .02 without knowing the rules.

Back