Masterbuilt electric smoker

Scott_nra

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
So BPS has what looks like a great deal on this electric smoker for black Friday. I have a modified COS Stickburner, Gasser, Royal Pellet, and thinking about adding this to the barn mainly for smoking sausage and jerky. Anyone know anything about how these perform? Just looking to have a set temp I don't have to babysit and a light smoke.

they are decent - max temp is 275* and I can get much smoke under 200* with mine but mine is the old style. they have only 2 tiny holes in chip tray for intake so I drilled them out to 5/16" and added 2 and use a fan to encourage airflow.

I got one last Christmas,its what started all this crazy bbq stuff. I like it ,never let me down. It cooks from 175 to 275. Mine is about 20 degrees of on temp according to my digital threms. I put a small piece of charcoal in with the chips to keep em smoking . Figure its only heating them when the element is on.

They do a good job and they are insulated, so they work in COLD

I have had to wrap mine with a moving blanket a Cpl winters ago - it was in the 20's with a Strong Wind blowing onto it.

I also got one for Xmas last year, used it every weekend until got a charcoal smoker . Now I just use my weber kettle. I liked the ease of use, but gave me a lackluster smoke flavor. I imagine it would work well for sausage and jerky.

Back