"Happy Phriday Pharkers,what's Smoking this Weekend?"

Hot smoked landjaegers.

landjaegercolor.jpg

Sunday will be my first attempt at smoke ninja's "hot and slow" brisket and tater salad. Going to start it about 10 pm to feed the guys/gals at work Monday at noon. Wish me luck!

Edit: I bought a roaster oven about a month ago, just to try ninja's method.

Last edited:
Sunday will be my first attempt at smoke ninja's "hot and slow" brisket and tater salad. Going to start it about 10 am to feed the guys/gals at work Monday at noon. Wish me luck!

Sunday at 10am to monday at noon? According to my math thats 28 hours? Return that roaster and buy a instant pot pressure cooker and cut that time down by 26 hours. Yes, 2 hours to achieve the same results.

Can some instant pot owners chime in here.

Sunday at 10pm to monday at noon? According to my math thats 28 hours? Return that roaster and buy a instant pot pressure cooker and cut that time down by 26 hours. Yes, 2 hours to achieve the same results.

Can some instant pot owners chime in here.
A typo, should be 10 PM.
I have an I.P. but this will be on the smoker for 4-6 hours and then into the roaster oven at 180* for a few hours. Then into a cooler to rest for about 4 hours.
Search smoke ninja hot and slow brisket, for the full method.

A typo, should be 10 PM.
I have an I.P. but this will be on the smoker for 4-6 hours and then into the roaster oven at 180* for a few hours. Then into a cooler to rest for about 4 hours.
Search smoke ninja hot and slow brisket, for the full method.

Smoker 2 hours, IP 2 hours. Same result.

Not much. Homemade bacon for breakfast Saturday and Sunday then heading to Port Aransas Sunday afternoon for bay fishing on Monday.

Sunday will be my first attempt at smoke ninja's "hot and slow" brisket and tater salad. Going to start it about 10 pm to feed the guys/gals at work Monday at noon. Wish me luck!

You've had the roaster for a month, but thought I'd give you a heads up with most roasters. The temp control on them can be WAY off depending on the temp you select. I have the roaster Smoke Ninja uses (Oster) and noticed this when I checked it with my temp probe. I've used his method a few times and really like it. Still working on perfecting the timing.

Bunny and I just rolled in from our trip to Knoxville and the first thing I did........pulled out the tri tip for Saturday dinner. Also brought back 5# of sliced Tennessee country ham so biscuits, grits and red eye gravy will be worked in there for a special breakfast dinner. Have fun, be safe, eat hearty and GO CARDINALS!

I'm not smoking anything this weekend, but I do plan on working on a couple of new sauce recipes for a big cook that I have planned for next weekend.

Cookin for Son in Law

I have been tasked to cook Q and sides for my Son in Law’s mother’s 70th Birthday 🎂Party

Attachments

• CA7908B6-0B88-4631-AB86-31373BCF67B0.jpg
    CA7908B6-0B88-4631-AB86-31373BCF67B0.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 17
  • 9A1697CC-2D1E-41AA-A365-7ADA20A022C1.jpg
    9A1697CC-2D1E-41AA-A365-7ADA20A022C1.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 17
  • EA1279CA-06B1-4BA0-9B4B-2842F1C46A87.jpg
    EA1279CA-06B1-4BA0-9B4B-2842F1C46A87.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 18
Back