Blues Hog Product Availability ??

MilitantSquatter

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any other online sources to buy Blues Hog products ?

In the past I've ordered various products from hawgeyesbbq.com. A few weeks ago they were sold out when I wanted to buy some Blues Hog stuff. I followed up with an e-mail to see if they would be getting more soon. They told me that that Bill Arnold of Blues Hog was having some problems with the tops not fitting the bottles and was awaiting a new order and should have it in a few days as it was being personally delivered. Still out of stock....

I ended up finding a different site to order (JD's BBQ Shoppe)that was actually cheaper... I go back today to JD's as Hawgeyes is still out of stock. JD's writes back after I place the order they could only partially fill my order with their remaining stock as they would no longer be carrying Blues Hog. They tell me Bill Arnold, the owner of Blues Hog, was supposed to have gotten a contract from one of the grocery store chain distributors to take Blues Hog national and is no longer going to sell to this small online BBQ company. The guy was nice enough to refer me to Hawgeyes and tells me they usually have it in stock, which is still not the case after almost a month.

Luckily, JD's sold me their last three bottles of rub and three bottles of sauce...

WTF ????

Vinny,
Something is going on.
Last week FatDaddy and I stopped by Hall's after we all had lunch
and the lady had 4 jars of "Tennesee Red sauce" and NO Original
Sauce.
She told us they were not going to stock it any more and she wasn't
sure why. She said her boss just told her they were not going to carry it.
She sold FatDaddy and I the 4 jars Red sauce for 1/2 price.
Now you post this info and it makes me wonder what is happening.
STRANGE........

Mark

Our local stores used to carry it too and have all run out except for the Tenn. Red Sauce too. I know our Schnucks store had some left but am not sure what's going on. I bought a gallon from Bill Arnold at a comp. two weeks ago and he was selling the stuff like hot cakes up there. I paid $20 a gallon. Dang sure a lot cheaper in the stores or from Bill then to buy it online. I guess if you are stuck way out in TBT then you pay the price.

I bought 4 quarts a few weeks ago. I unscrewed the top on the first one and the lid stayed on the top while the side unscrewed. The top is made from 2 pieces.

No big deal. I have 3 bottles left. Hmmmm, I guess I'll call myself OPEC and sell each "barrel" for $75.

Any takers?

The "local" place I've been getting mine has been out for a few months now.

A store right down the road gave me some insight to this problem. Apparently the guy that makes the stuff still does everything himself. I went to buy some the last week and all they had was the red. I guess he is still filling by hand, and his wife and kids tie the little jute string and tag on the top. He still makes most local deliveries himself in a van. My source had an order in for 5 weeks. On the bright side his order just came in. I would be happy to purchase and ship if necessary.

Bill isn't married first off. Before rumors start getting into the air I think it might just be a good idea to go straight to the source. Bill's phone number is (573) 565-3040. He might not answer on Sunday but who knows. I am going to try to call him at home. Two weeks ago when we were cooking next to each other he had a truck load of the stuff and was selling it. Yes he does process all his own product and still distributes it himself.

Thanks River City.... please keep us posted. I also sent an email to Bill from his website trying to find out about the lack of availability in recent weeks.

Smoker said:
I bought 4 quarts a few weeks ago. I unscrewed the top on the first one and the lid stayed on the top while the side unscrewed. The top is made from 2 pieces.

Its supposed to do that. The top (seal) is put on the jar when it is processed and the vacuum created when the jar cools holds it in place. Then the ring is screwed on. If you open a jar and the seal is loose, you may want to throw it out since it didn't get a good seal in the canning process. To lose the seal just take a bottle opener or the back of a butter knife and gently pry it up.

I talked with Bill Arnold (owner of Blues Hog) on the phone about the availability problems with his sauce. First off to make sure nothing gets crossed, his kids are 6,7,and 8 years old and have abosolutely no part in any process of his sauce . Bill is totally overwhelmed with the demand of his sauce and is having a tremendous time keeping up. He has two units (pots) that are on the fritz at the moment. He is making sauce and getting it out as fast as he is capable of doing.

River City Smokehouse said:
I talked with Bill Arnold (owner of Blues Hog) on the phone about the availability problems with his sauce. First off to make sure nothing gets crossed, his kids are 6,7,and 8 years old and have abosolutely no part in any process of his sauce . Bill is totally overwhelmed with the demand of his sauce and is having a tremendous time keeping up. He has two units (pots) that are on the fritz at the moment. He is making sauce and getting it out as fast as he is capable of doing.

nice tag line

We have a place here in town that sells Blue's Hog. I will run down there tomorrow or Wed and see if we have any here in town. If we do I will gobble some up. Thanks for the heads up!

River City Smokehouse said:

!st will say that Bill has been a ffiend for quite awhile--and we do use his product--just picked up 6 gals in Racine this weekend. Usually can get it pretty quick with the help of a couple intermediaries<sf>
Bill's pots were down last year also when we rode to the middle of Mo for lunch one hot July Sat but the grub was good!!
He isn't involved with any big deals at the present and seems to be ansering emails @ his earthlink address-

Thanks guys for the follow ups. I did not get a response yet from my e-mail but I'm sure he's busy. So, if there's a problem with the pots, then how does that explain why the dry rub has been unavailable for so long ?

Sledneck said:
Maybe hes boosting demand

That's not Bill's way of doing business at all.....if you knew him, you would love him....he's just that personable.....

Solidkick said:
That's not Bill's way of doing business at all.....if you knew him, you would love him....he's just that personable.....

twas a joke

Might be able to order from Smoke n Fire online.... but they arent cheap. I usually stock up in Hermann, they sell it at a great price at the Stone Hill Winery.

blues hogg I need to try this magic. and now it is even harder to find. somebody help me. I want some too!

Drop me an e-mail scott. Addy should be in profile.

New guy here. Not sure I set my profile up correctly. Hope it works!

Rick

Back