biggest cook yet

parrothead

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Went shopping today for our biggest cook yet. Here is what is happening this weekend. We will have two 90 pound pigs each in their own cooker. Along with that we have 250 pounds of pork loin on sale for $1.88 per pound as well as about 300 pounds of chicken parts.. My cooker, Bob's cooker and 2 pig roasters as well as 25 gallons of cole slaw, 25 gallons of potato salad, 500 ears of corn halved and deep fried, as well as 8 cases of french fries.

We are working on feeding about 800 people this weekend. Wish us luck.

I'll try to remember to get some pictures. Wow, what an undertaking. Anyone in the area. feel free to stop by at the goose. Open to the public, just $5 a head per feeding.

fried corn on the cob... do tell!!

Good luck on the cook..

FatDaddy said:
fried corn on the cob... do tell!!

Good luck on the cook..

Never had that.. How do you do it?

Good luck, that's a lot of folks to feed.

wow Sounds Like Great Fun, And Fried Corn On The Cob, Now That Is New To Me, You Must Let Us All In On That Like The Other Brother Said: Do Tell Brother,!!!!!!

oh Yeah Good Luck

parrothead said:
Went shopping today for our biggest cook yet. Here is what is happening this weekend. We will have two 90 pound pigs each in their own cooker. Along with that we have 250 pounds of pork loin on sale for $1.88 per pound as well as about 300 pounds of chicken parts.. My cooker, Bob's cooker and 2 pig roasters as well as 25 gallons of cole slaw, 25 gallons of potato salad, 500 ears of corn halved and deep fried, as well as 8 cases of french fries.

I'll try to remember to get some pictures. Wow, what an undertaking. Anyone in the area. feel free to stop by at the goose. Open to the public, just $5 a head per feeding.

What? No dessert?:razz: I know you'll have a good time doing it!

Sounds like something you should do well at. Good luck, Greg!

Have a great cook, Greg, and enjoy it. I know your guests will.
Hope the weather is good.
Do you have a dedicated corn fryer?

Heck Greg, If I wasnt spoken for this weekend..........Hunters Saftey class, I would probably drive down and give you guys a hand. The deep fried corn really has my attention. Good Luck, and hope the weather holds for you all

Mike

Wow! Good luck! Is the event on Saturday or Sunday? We may be heading in your general direction to pick raspberries (wife's idea again!), but I don't know which day yet.

bbqbull said:
Heck Greg, If I wasnt spoken for this weekend..........Hunters Saftey class.
Mike

Teamin up with our VP? :twisted:

Good Luck! And to think I was nervous about my little cook this weekend for some friends.

parrothead said:

Greg - where exactly is this being held and what is it for? I may be open to a drive this weekend if i dont have to work

billm said:
Greg - where exactly is this being held and what is it for? I may be open to a drive this weekend if i dont have to work

Gooselake near Morris on Pine Bluff road (also known as Lorenzo from 55) on Saturday. Basically it is a party for the neighborhood and a membership drive kinda thing. We have campgrounds and such and outside memberships to help support them. Normally only home owners, outside members and guests are allowed. This is the only time that it is open to the public.

Deep fried corn. UMmmmmmm.we take the corn and deep fry it it.

husk and silk removed lowered into 350 degree peanut oil.Takes about 3 minutes or so. kernels will get slightly brown on the tips when it is ready.

salt and pepper to taste.

parrothead said:
Deep fried corn. UMmmmmmm.we take the corn and deep fry it it.

husk and silk removed lowered into 350 degree peanut oil.Takes about 3 minutes or so. kernels will get slightly brown on the tips when it is ready.

salt and pepper to taste.
mmmm, that sounds good

Sounds like it's going to be a great time.

Good luck!

Back