The Results

Jeff_in_KC

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Not a bad day... decent weather and an assembled BSKD. Got it seasoned and put in four fatties for my very first cook. Pictures below. Had a lot of fire left so I dropped on a half dozen chicken breasts over the firebox for the family dinner. Turned out great and the fatties got rave reviews! Can't wait to cook the 24 pounds of babybacks my wife bought for me today!

Samichlaus said:
My God!!

I've seen better heads on boils!!!

:p

Wow.. harsh....

Samis' got boils

pass it on.

Jeff, nice fattie... but your bandera is backwards. :)

Thanks! I was kinda proud of that smoke ring!

I was working hard to keep smoke coming through the smoker. It seemed that the only time I got a lot of smoke was when I dropped more chunck in. Like G$ said in his 15 pound brisket post, I went through a LOT of charcoal and wood. about 15 pounds of each in 5 hours! I gotta switch to lump charcoal but couldn't get ahold of any today.

Jeff,
Great looking fatties!

Try cutting them on an angle if you want them to fit a biscuit better :lol:

Chunk some up for biscuits and gravy to die for :lol:

As DF would say--"welcome to the dark side"--you are hooked :lol:

TIM

BBQchef33 said:
Jeff, nice fattie... but your bandera is backwards. :)
One could almost say it was queer....

C'mon, Jeff, you knew it was coming! :D

Great looking fatty. Now I'm hungry...gonna have to go see what's available downstairs in the dining hall.

I didn't know Schaffer came in a bottle.

racer_81 said:
Samichlaus said:
My God!!

I've seen better heads on boils!!!

:p

Why that's nuthin a blue poobah hat mod can't fix!!!

Phil?

Jeff. Whos your friend? Send him to cattle call to introduce huimself.

:)

Thanks! I was kinda proud of that smoke ring!

I was working hard to keep smoke coming through the smoker. It seemed that the only time I got a lot of smoke was when I dropped more chunck in. Like G$ said in his 15 pound brisket post, I went through a LOT of charcoal and wood. about 15 pounds of each in 5 hours! I gotta switch to lump charcoal but couldn't get ahold of any today.

Try doing it for nearly 15 hours! Half asleep! Congrats on the first burn, but I would have trouble reaching over the smoker and box because it looks like you put them on backwards. :) If you use the lumb this weekend, let us newbs know how it differed from your fistr charcoal burn.

Great job Jeff, but do you know what you have done now? By posting your own picture, as Racer mentioned, you have now set your self up for the infamous Blue Hat shot. :shock: Poobah, please do the honors. :lol:

Phil would probably do the same for me, but he would most likely fark up and put it on Dave Wey's head. You see, he gets the two of us mixed up. :p

Time Delay Mod. Phil beat me to the punch. Our Poobah is really on the ball today. :shock:

I must say that the Blue Hat looks good on you Jeff with your blue jacket.

Typical gym-rat mod - bulk up the arms and leave the bird-legs alone

Back