Baby backs or Spares?

Baby backs or Spares?

• Baby Backs

Votes: 41 36.9%
  • Spares

Votes: 70 63.1%

• Total voters
i always ate BB growin up. and thats what ive been making the past year and a half. but the other day i made a decision that i have to start workin on spares. so this weekend... gonna do a brisket and 2 spare racks

I grew up mostly eating baby backs as my family "sparingly" ate ribs, so when they did eat them, they splurged for what they thought was the premium cut. Over the past few years, as I have gotten into preparing them myself, I have to say I have learned to prefer the spare rib.

This one is tough... I really love BOTH. The trouble I have with baby backs is they have a VERY small window of perfection where spares I can pretty much nail them every time. The backs I get at Costco in Cryo 3 pack are really nice and meaty, the two pack of spares there are also good.

I had to give one vote so it went to spares as they are the most consistant for me.

argh...please don't make me choose...there's enuff love in me for both! Both cuts have their own thing goin for em...I could flip a coin and be very happy with whatever I get.

To me babys are easier to cook.

Spares have more flavor.

Both taste good.

Hard to decide.

Spares all the way when we cook them. Then again, I dig me some Tony Romas BB's...seriously.

Oooo, I haven't seen this poll in like, ... weeks! I'll say Babybacks this time! :hungry:

Oooo, I haven't seen this poll in like, ... weeks! I'll say Babybacks this time! :hungry:

+1... And I've only been here a couple months... :heh:

Babybacks since I've yet to try spares. Planning on changing that.

I don't think I have ever had a baby back rib so for me the choice is obvious. Spares please.

I have just begun to learn the art of proper smoke and maybe someday I will do some bb but spares just work so well I don't know if there is a need to change what works.

Spares without question. My parent's like baby backs but I do the cooking so **** 'em. Spares all the way.

Baby Backs....well Loin Back Baby Backs that they sell at BJ's in two packs...They used to sell them in three packs which was a great deal. A little bigger than a traditional smaller BB but still a BB I guess.

Back