Haven't Tried Instant Pot Chili (Cocoa and Beans)

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Wife wanted chili this week and we had the ingredients to make it. Haven't done it in the instant pot before so giving this recipe a whirl. I have most of these ingredients. Link below but also the general recipe from the site so you don't have to read paragraphs on how alpaca farming led them to a leprechaun who told them about an absinthe inspired idea he had for chili :twitch:.

Haven't done one with cocoa in it and heard it is a key in comp type chili (i don't know). So doing that and we normally add beans (please some don't get triggered) :mrgreen:.

Lets see what happens.

TpD40oOl.jpg

https://www.dinneratthezoo.com/instant-pot-chili/

INGREDIENTS
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 pounds ground beef I use 90% lean
1 onion finely diced
1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
28 ounce can diced tomatoes do not drain
3 8 ounce cans tomato sauce
3/4 cup beef broth
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
2 teaspoons cocoa powder
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
3/4 teaspoon ground pepper
15 ounce can kidney beans drained and rinsed
15 ounce can pinto beans drained and rinsed
Assorted toppings such as shredded cheese, tomatoes, green onions and sour cream

INSTRUCTIONS
Turn your Instant Pot to Saute, then select More. Add the olive oil to the pot. Add the meat and cook until browned, breaking up the beef with a spatula as you stir.
Add the onion and cook for 3 more minutes or until softened.
Add the garlic, tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef broth, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, cocoa powder, sugar, salt, pepper and beans to the pot.
Turn the Instant Pot to the Chili/Beans setting and place the lid on the pot. Cook for 20 minutes. Release the pressure either manually or allow it to release naturally.
Serve with assorted toppings.

Beans, beans, good for your heart. The more you eat, the more you...?!? :shock: :laugh:

Whoops. I'm still awake. Sorry.

Really nice recipe. Tastes like good chili to me. At least enough that I've book marked it to make it again.

Not sure what award winning stuff tastes like but this I'd eat any time.

I followed the recipe pretty well on the ingredients. I didn't measure the spices but felt I eyeballed it pretty close. 20210113_174909.jpg20210113_175515.jpg20210113_175921.jpg

Yes, please! I could crush a bowl of that right now, Jason.

I'm always up for trying a new recipe for chili!

I appreciate the Asian-inspired tweaks from Zip, as well.

I'm a little confused about you following a recipe, that seems out of character. Is it possible this account has been hacked?

I'm thrilled to see someone actually use "instant pot" instead of "instapot".

Glad it was a keeper! I'll add it to my list, too. Love trying new chili variations.

Back