Mid-Week Cook

Plowboy

somebody shut me the fark up.
Bringing in BBQ today for the first time for my new co-workers. The job seems to be going very well. Winning the hearts and minds of the people... so far. :rolleyes: Today is a holiday party/B-Day party for the CIO and my boss. Birthdays fall on the same day.

Fatties with biscuits for breakfast. Lunch is brisket (CAB of course), baby backs, pulled pork, cheesy potatoes, and green beans. Here's a pic of the ribs and butts as I wrapped them at 3am. Cherry really makes them look pretty.

I haven't cooked on my FEC-100 since before Thanksgiving. Dang I love that cooker. Doing the three meats, it feels like I'm cooking for a contest. I'm following my contest processes for ribs and butts. Makes me ache for a comp. I sure love to cook. Got it bad.

Attachments

• bbq 005 [640x480].JPG
    bbq 005 [640x480].JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 110
  • bbq 007 [640x480].JPG
    bbq 007 [640x480].JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 109
Lookin good Todd!! I always have to wait till weekends to cook....well maybe a bit more with the holidays coming up!!

I'm getting withdrawl symptoms, I haven't cooked for a couple of weeks due to the storms.

Todd, Your pics are helping me through the hard times, thanks

If that top pan is the hashbrown casserole, I'd like to know how that tastes with the smoke. Should have made beans to made the afternoon more interesting. I guess everyone will be taking a nap anyway! Good eats, Brother.

Dang, where you work and are the taking applications?
That is some fine looking grub. I sense a raise and a promotion in the near future with food like that.

The building I work in served breakfast for all of the companies in the building today. Tamales, Eggs, Mexican breads. None of it was half as good as that looks!

Amazing how friendly your co-workers get when you cook for them. Looks great - how was the reaction?

Back home and tired. Been up since 3am. They loved it. The company owner even came by because people were talking about the spread we had. The biggest hit was breakfast: fatties and biscuits. I think people appreciated the change from pizza. It was a fun day in the department.

Randy - The potatoes were really good. Not much different from doing them in the oven. I didn't cover them, so the top was a little crusty. After add the cheese and foiling them, you couldn't tell a difference. Either way, they are good. Someone asked me which item I personally liked the most, thinking I'd say ribs or brisket. The potatoes!!! Brandon would agree. I'm sure he and I could split a pan all our own.

Randy - I didn't cover them, so the top was a little crusty. After add the cheese and foiling them, you couldn't tell a difference. .
Was the crust Brown? Only Plowboy Nose!:biggrin: Way to get an invite net year. Isn't it fun to watch people eat fatties for the first time. Most act like it is Fillet Mingon. Congrats.

Was the crust Brown? Only Plowboy Nose!:biggrin: Way to get an invite net year. Isn't it fun to watch people eat fatties for the first time. Most act like it is Fillet Mingon. Congrats.

You're so funny, I forgot to laugh.

Yes it is fun watching people discover fatties for the first time. That's all they talked about all morning. Like they discovered a new word.

Back