Hello From Central Missouri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solidkick

somebody shut me the fark up.
Hi All!

I'm brand new at the smokin' stuff. I started earlier this summer when my wife received an electric smoker as an award from her work. It's been all smokin' since then. I just bought my Bandera about 2 weeks ago.
My first cook was a terrible experience as I did it all wrong as far as controlling the fire. My second was much better, but I need to do a bunch of modifications to get it to cook better. I used way too much lump and brickettes due to the many air gaps around the door of the smoke chamber and fire box lid. I also learned that the heat was going up the side of the cooking chamber.

I hope to have many years of enjoyment, not only out of the smoker, but from the new friends I will be able to meet here on this forum.

Welcome to Our Backyard. . Read the Bandera 101 FAQ from our file section and start asking questions. That's why we are here to share and learn. With regards to your first cook I think we have all been there.

Welcome Aboard!! I see you've adopted out chimney mod. Works great for keepin rain, leaves......droppings out of the chamber. :)

You came to the right place... we're an active bunch, and in the past year, turned into a big family.. Check out the Bash Pictures, check our files sections.. and gives us the heads up when your thinkin of BBQ'in.. you'll be amazed and the ideas you can get from this bunch.

I think that makes like 8 of you from Mizzurah.

Welcome. We're all new tom one thing or another. Hell, I could have baked bread in my WSM 2 weeks ago on its maiden voyage. 318 for about 3 hours.

I had a great Bandera experience just about from the start, cuz I was hanging around with these guys for 6 months or so making mods and stuff before my first cook.

So like voting in Chicago, Post Early and Post Often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back