boneless leg of lamb on the egg

deepsouth

somebody shut me the fark up.
i couldn't find a whole leg of lamb. the best i could do was a half boneless leg, pre-seasoned. in light of that, i added garlic and olive oil and rosemary. i refrigerated it for six hours before putting it on the grill.

i cooked it indirect at 325-350 to 160 internal.

it turned out delicious, although i do want to find a whole leg unseasoned next time.

c24fda7b.jpg

1588aef3.jpg

6735f93e.jpg

46881a20.jpg

adeebf72.jpg

5225a185.jpg

Looks good!! Still haven't tried lamb anywhere but in the oven. You are motivating me.
One humble suggestion. If your camera has a white balance setting you will probably get more accurate color if set to "incandescent" for the indoor shots.

Ding Ding Ding

Congratulations to Deep South for Your Boneless Leg of Lamb on ther Egg.

You are the 8th Winner of the ALF Tick Of Approval. It took some deliberation to award this, due to the photography... but this award is not about photographt, it's about the Lamb, and that Lamb looks beautifilly cooked and I would hit that hard!

Congratulations DeepSouth!

ALFTickofApproval.gif

Cheers!

Bill

Ding Ding Ding

Congratulations to Deep South for Your Boneless Leg of Lamb on ther Egg.

You are the 8th Winner of the ALF Tick Of Approval. It took some deliberation to award this, due to the photography... but this award is not about photographt, it's about the Lamb, and that Lamb looks beautifilly cooked and I would hit that hard!

Congratulations DeepSouth!

ALFTickofApproval.gif

Cheers!

Bill

WOW, i just saw this. thanks Bill. sorry about the poor photography. my cell phone camera is better than my "old" digital camera.

dang, I just saw this. Looks GREAT!
What was the internal temp when you pulled it? I have never cooked lamb, but would love to try it.

dang, I just saw this. Looks GREAT!
What was the internal temp when you pulled it? I have never cooked lamb, but would love to try it.

it says 160 up there, but that sounds high for the rareness..... must be 160 though, at least where i stuck it!

Back