Eggers...Are you satisfied with your smoke profile?

I never was 100% satisfied with smoke on my BGE's, no matter how many wood chunks I added. One of my reasons for changing up to a gravity fed cooker. I much prefer my ribs, butts and briskets off my Stumps smoker. My product now is much better with a noticeable difference in flavor and smoke ring.

I still use my eggs for grilling and smaller cooks with chicken.

2X…:clap:

I've always struggled getting a consistent, timely smoke on the Egg. If I mix chunks into the charcoal the fire takes off in another direction and doesn't use some of the chunks or uses them too late in the cook. I've tried piling and mixing chips in but find they burn to fast. I find if I want really controllable smoke I have the best luck with my Weber kettle and the snake method. Total control on that on when and how much is applied. I keep experimenting with my Egg to see if I can find a method that works for me, but still not there. Considering a Vortex and doing a sudo snake method with that, but haven't got the Vortex yet. I'm happy with my results regardless, but think it could work better.

Back