first pro comp feedback plz

P

Porkysbbq

ok here it is our first comp and did not to bad, our chicken sucked dead last with tough skin Brisket was a ninth place finish , Ribs were an 11th place finish and pork was a fourth place finish :p so now we are hooked on competing here are some pics of what we turned in sorry we forgot to take pics of the chicken, heres ribs
ribs3.jpg

stkittsribs.jpg

brisket
brisket2.jpg

brisket1.jpg

pork
pork1.jpg

we would like to get some feedback on our presentation looks as we are in canada and green leaf lettuce is the only garnish allowed

I like your presentation layouts but two things occured to me. One, I just think the lettuce overpowers the meat. Maybe try to make the lettuce a little less "bushy" looking. Your meat should somehow sit up higher rather than be down in the lettuce. Fill those boxes with meat!!! Second, the meat looks a little dry on the surface. I'm talking mainly the brisket and pork. Try apple juice spritz before you close the box.

Try presenting the product as whole but sliced or pulled for consumption but looking large. You garnish dominates the box
I'll PM u an example

OK couldn't pm them e-mail me and I'll send some pic's of boxes
www.smokincrackerbbq.com

Last edited:
Very nice. I agree with the thought that the brisket looks a little dry. You can spritz it or brush it with a little juice from the wrap, if you wrap. If you don't, use beef broth.

Thanks for all the feed back guys, this is the comp. I was talking about almost a month ago. We had terrible weather but a great time none the less. This comp was last weekend and we are practicing tomorrow for next years circuit.

Back