Prime Rib... It's what was for dinner :)

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Name or Nickame
Captain Ron
You may recall that I teased you all with this thread...

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97357&highlight=influence

Well, today was the day to fulfill that tease :becky:

Just to set the stage, I saw Angus rib roasts on sale on Sunday and this one called my name... "RRrrrroooonnnneeelllleeeeeee... Buy me!" So I did.

P3280588.JPG

The original plan was to cook it yesterday, but meetings got in the way so I postponed the cook until tonight. I gave the roast a nice rub down with olive oil and then a coat of granulated onion, granulated garlic, kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper and put it on a rack in a roasting pan. In the pan I had some beef stock, water, carrots, thyme, garlic and whatever seasonings that fell into the pan as i seasoned the roast.

P4010001.JPG

I let it rest on the counter for an hour while I got the FEC-100 out of the garage and up to temp. Then the roast went in at 240 until it hit 115 internal (about 3 hours) and then I kicked the temp to 350 until the internal temp was 125.

P4010002.JPG

I let it rest for 20 minutes while we put together an Israeli Couscous salad that I "reverse engineered" after having it at the White Chocolate Grill restaurant.

P4010003.JPG

P4010005.JPG

The prime rib was excellent. Very flavorful and tender. The couscous also came out very good. It is darn close to the restaurant version, but is still a work in progress. It has radishes, chopped red bell pepper, basil, golden raisins and chopped pistachio nuts and a dressing made with mayo, vinegar, sugar and curry.

Oh lovely prime rib,
Let me taste your luscious flesh,
I'd like seconds please.

Prime rib has got to be one of my all time favorites, well it is now. Never even tried one til a few years ago when Guerry and I decided to do one for Thanksgiving and decided then that this would be our Thanksgiving and/or Christmas tradition but we're going for large proportions this year so we can give lots of leftovers to my son and mom - thus, the 19.22 lb pig leg. Looks absolutely awesome Ron! We'll have to do one for our anniversary (New Year's Eve) 'cause I want one really bad after seeing yours!

I usually don't say much about food pics, except when I think someone nailed it. That is nice. Simple, tasty, delicious looking. What I'm cooking tomorrow. Steve.

Ah man, that looks KILLER! That's the worst thing about this site - I always get hungry reading posts like this.

WOW!!!

Beautiful looking plate, the couscous looks awesome as well.

Hope mine turns out half that good later today.

Back