Inside 30 days. Upcoming charity event. Roll call??

chambersuac

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
I just saw this thread, Dan. Sorry. I stomped on a few crickets on my way in. :-D

I am still planning on coming down. Work can changed that, but I will try to avoid booking anything.

Ron, thanks - those darn crickets are annoying. I really hope you can make it - you're a great addition to the team.

Big Ron, thanks. I would love to try your rub, however, Big Brother Smoke has already graciously volunteered to donate rub for this cook.

Steph, PM on the way.

Dan, count me in, unless something unexpected comes up, which I highly doubt.
Won't be there until late Friday. Will be trying to talk my 16yo son into joining me.

Looking forward to seeing you again. Let me know if you need me to bring anything.

I see you have the slower Thermapen, I'll bring my red one :biggrin1:

Last edited:
Dan, count me in, unless something unexpected comes up, which I highly doubt.
Won't be there until late Friday. Will be trying to talk my 16yo son into joining me.

Looking forward to seeing you again. Let me know if you need me to bring anything.

I see you have the slower Thermapen, I'll bring my red one :biggrin1:

Al, great. Really hope you can make it back down. Your son will be more than welcome,too. Red, thermapen, huh? I was told they were discontinuing them due to so many complaints about inaccuracy. Weird. :becky:

^^^ You're killing me here Dan!
Yes, this a priority for me, bringing the spirit of the brethren to the others.

This is what it is all about.
/Soapbox/ GOOD people, friends, community, giving, sharing, this is my belief. (I know, preaching to the choir). \/Soapbox/

I have made too many good friends here to turn the other cheek ( it could get smoked :) ).
Thanks all!

Dan,

I'm in and will bring the big pig with me. Will be down Friday hopefully before noon. What do I need to bring with me? I'll have briqs, oak n hickory (shag bark)......

Fitz

Fitz,
If you have oak and/or hickory to spare, that'd be great. Also, I will not be buying beer, but the folks holding the event will have some there - along with some food - I am betting they will have domestic beer. If you want better beer, you can bring your own, or pick some up at our local store.

Sleeping arrangements - there will be places to crash at the location, if you have a cot or sleeping bag. OR if you need a quieter spot, the Church is less than a mile away. If anyone wants/needs a bed, my house is available less than a mile away, too.

Dan at the moment I will be unable to attend.
If things change I will be there.
Sorry.

Fitz,
If you have oak and/or hickory to spare, that'd be great. Also, I will not be buying beer, but the folks holding the event will have some there - along with some food - I am betting they will have domestic beer. If you want better beer, you can bring your own, or pick some up at our local store.

Dan,

I will bring extra oak n hickory and my own refreshments. All I will need is someone to help tend the firebox for a couple of hrs so I can catch a nap. :-D Anything else?

Fitz

Fitz,
You - and/or anyone else is welcome to stay for the event Saturday night and can crash at our house afterward, if you don't want to drive home Sat. We have plenty of room and mattresses.

There should be enough of us to keep the fires going...so sleep shouldn't be a problem...especially if Ron brings his gourmet coffee for ya'll to drink :)

Don't you have a son/sons that you were thinking of bringing, or am I imagining that???

Dan,

I will be by myself. I don't have any sons, but I have a ton of brothers here.
Thanks.

Fitz

Really bummed that I can't make it Dan. I'd love to hang with the gang again and even meet some more Brethren. As I said before, that's the same day as our big fundraiser auction for our kids' school and Tina's in charge and I need to help out any way I can.

Do you have enough smoke wood coming? I could find a way to bring a truck load of cherry, oak or beech if you need it. I've got plenty stacked.

PM me if you need some. I'd be willing to drive out and visit for the day a week or so before after next weekend. My son would probably willing to ride along. I could also make up a bunch of sauce to bring. You got that?

Anyway.....willing to help any way I can. Let me know.

Fitz, sorry - for some reason I had in the back of my mind that you'd mentioned that. Glad you're coming, though.

Kempis, thanks a lot, brother. I wish you could make it, too. You were great to have last time and it would be good to have you back for the event. I appreciate the offer on the wood and sauce. I think we'll be okay on wook, especially if John brings some. Sauce, I have about a gallon of Head's Red left, if that gets used up, we'll have to go with something off a shelf. I really would hate for ya to come down just for a delivery....

Back