THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Marc
So... Friday night, CINCHOUSE asks me to thaw a packer brisket for cooking on Monday, so we can go to the Cannon AFB Air Show on Sunday...

Saturday, BossLady wakes and can't speak... this is an ongoing thing... and she spends 1/2 her day at the hospital.

I CNX all smoking / grilling related activities through Monday :shock:.
She comes home positive for Strep, but the doc gives her a shot (penicillin). She's down 2 hours, and awakes with a spring in her step I've not seen in WEEKS.

Next thing I know, I'm cooking dawgs on the grill, the full packer is back on for Monday, and we're arguing about the wings for Sunday. Somebody get the Doc a beer! It's a miracle!

Whew! All of us grab a cold beverage (Christ, it's about time), and I get to work!

No Chili Dawg Chili in the cabinet - better do some research. http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=139619

Round 2 on the research: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=189431

Next thing I know, I've got 12 oz of ground beef in a sauce pan with water, ketchup, AC vinegar, and beef bouillon (a la JMSetzler).

This recipe rocks! Seriously.
DOUBLE the beef broth, and roll with about everything else... stir a bunch until you're happy.. and you're there! It's GOOD!.

I put dawgs on the 22.5 with the Vortex with pecan for 15-30 min... we spread the sauce, cheese, onion, etc... and it's GAWN (gone)!

Apologies, Brethren, for the lack of Pr0n. - I am terribly, terribly lacking.

BUT... I say, that this Chili-Dawg Sauce Recipe is righteous, and deserves credit/recognition. Well Done, JMSetzler.... this is sanctioned stuff (if I have a say).

Glad to hear the weekend, has taken a good turn. I am not normally a hot dog fan, but once or twice a year, the urge hits. I will put the chili recipe in my back pocket, because I can't do the canned stuff.

Apologies for the vague-ness of the post(s).

I appreciate what BoShizzle was trying to do with his original post on the matter - Build a baseline understanding.

Ask my young pilots, I ask "why / why do you care?" all the time - This is KEY.

Build the baseline, THEN tweak it for flavor / spice / heat / what-not.

Let it simmer a bit (20-30 min).... give it a stir, a taste, and revisit the whole she-bang.

Trust me. It makes a difference.

Best,
Shadow

Nice when things turn around for the better fast. With your cooking skills and previous posts i see the pics clearly. :thumb:

Happy that the weekend turned out to be a good one, health wise and cook wise. I am a big fan of chilidogs and will definitely be trying that recipe. Thanks for the tip.

Glad to hear she's feeling better Marc, chili dog would taste pretty good right now!

Back