Thinking of putting a new team together...

Southern Home Boy

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Hey y'all. I think "Southern Home Boyz" has run it's course as a BBQ team. The guys I founded the team with have all moved out of state and it's just too much hassle to coordinate comps across this distance. SO... I' m thinking of putting together a brand new team here in the St. Louis area. Anyone interested?

good luck to you, It's nice to have a team that its not just you.

does your wife help? (my wife does, and it's nice to have a extra eyes to see something during turn in, and she is the parsleygurl)

Last edited:
PM Ashmont. Not sure if he checks the comp forum too much. I know he's competed some, but I don't think he's hard core...yet.

dmp

Just go at it solo. When my team started competing, the team was just two of us, now it's just myself. Works out well and if I need help I just ask a friend or two to lend a hand. I also have complete control of how the meat is prepped and cooked so there is only one person to blame when the team gets a call or screws up:roll:. Only thing I dislike (hate is too harsh) is building the boxes when I can be downing a few cold ones with friends. And a big plus - no politics and no hard feelings.

good luck to you, It's nice to have a team that its not just you.

does your wife help? (my wife does, and it's nice to have a extra eyes to see something during turn in, and she is the parsleygurl)

Yeah, my wife and kids help out, but they don't do overnights. They show up Saturday morning to help w/ turn ins and clean up. It's good help, by they don't share the passion and they don't share expenses. To them it's work.

I was hoping for a couple of people who enjoy the sport as much as I do and who are willing to split costs and prizes. And pull fire watch for a couple of hours so I can grab a little sleep.

Yeah, my wife and kids help out, but they don't do overnights. They show up Saturday morning to help w/ turn ins and clean up. It's good help, by they don't share the passion and they don't share expenses. To them it's work.

I was hoping for a couple of people who enjoy the sport as much as I do and who are willing to split costs and prizes. And pull fire watch for a couple of hours so I can grab a little sleep.

If your wife and kids show up on Sat to do turn ins and clean up, you have it made!

I really like cooking by myself but the worst part is the clean up.:mad:

Back