BBQ Brethren "Tortilla" Throwdown

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
It looks like CD already had this one picked out in advance!

Our new category is...

[size=+2]"Tortillas!"[/size]
TortillaCook5.jpg

Anonymous image

...as chosen by caseydog, the winner of the Around the World Throwdown!

This is caseydog's vision for this Throwdown...
caseydog said:
If my luck and my lead hold in the Around the World TD, I'm thinking I want the next TD to be a Tortilla Throwdown.

You can use whatever kind of tortillas you want -- corn, flour, hard, soft, whatever -- and you can do whatever you want with your tortillas. The only thing your entry MUST have is one or more tortillas.

Normal TD rules apply.

If anyone gets a DQ on this one, they are trying to get a DQ. You could put a farking Dilly Bar on a grilled tortilla and still qualify.

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 9/2 through Sunday 9/11.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Midnight Central US Time on Sunday night 9/11.

By submitting entry photos to this Throwdown thread you are agreeing that you have read and understand the Throwdown Rules.

The voting will begin Monday 9/12 after I submit the "Vote" thread and will run through Saturday 9/17. All votes will be public.

Don't forget, you can still enter the Eggs Throwdown until Sunday night 8/28 by midnight Central time.

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the Around the World Throwdown!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

nice! do they have to be homemade bc there are tortilla presses 50% off at Bed Bath and Beyond, and combine that with a $5 coupon it's almost free.

Whaaaaa?

I said, "If my luck and my lead holds out." :doh:

If ecode gets a surge of votes this afternoon, and passes me, the resulting debacle is on your shoulders, biggie. :shocked:

CD

Whaaaaa?

I said, "If my luck and my lead holds out." :doh:

If ecode gets a surge of votes this afternoon, and passes me, the resulting debacle is on your shoulders, biggie. :shocked:

CD
Are you trying to say it's my fault again?:heh:

This was obviously inspired by my Chimichangas:bow:. If you put a dilly bar inside a tortilla would you use corn or flour :confused:

nice! do they have to be homemade bc there are tortilla presses 50% off at Bed Bath and Beyond, and combine that with a $5 coupon it's almost free.

If it will help you get the tortilla press, you can tell the parents that it is required for the throwdown. :heh:

Otherwise, you can use whatever torts you want.

CD

That's a tough one. Perhaps the Dilly-Bar Master will enlighten us. :confused:

CD

I call foul! Redhot is cheating because there is no way anyone can top her entry if she cooks those again. :mad:

She should be banned from this TD just to make it fair for everyone else.

I concur. Let's just give it to her and move on to the next one. No point wasting a week with great entries only to be trumped when she whips that up again on Sunday.

I concur. Let's just give it to her and move on to the next one. No point wasting a week with great entries only to be trumped when she whips that up again on Sunday.

no kidding

I'm out (and farking hungry).

We're off an running! Sort of.

I have my meat marinading for my cook tomorrow.

I can't wait to see what people come up with for this wide open throwdown.

I can't wait to see how many entries there are.

I can't wait to see if some noobs enter.

But, most of all, I can't wait to see how Gore is going to get himself a DQ in this one. Oh, I know the wheels are turning. It's not hard to do, but how to do it in grand style? The challenge is calling him like the Sirens. :crazy:

CD

Should be a good one no doubt... I have an idea brewing based on another meal I'm making this weekend... :thumb:

Oh yeah, I just finished my marinade and have my meat marinating too caseydog, it smelled amazing, didn't want to sample it cause it's got some heavy proof in it.:becky:

Oh yeah, I just finished my marinade and have my meat marinating too caseydog, it smelled amazing, didn't want to sample it cause it's got some heavy proof in it.:becky:

You using tequila, too? :thumb:

CD

Back