Fiesta Weekend!!!

S

smknhotmama

We have had the very best weekend as far as eating goes. Friday was quesadillas and margaritas at a friend's house, (it was great cuz I didn't have to clean up!) last night we enjoyed Fajitas 3 Ways and tonight will be Empanadas filled with Picadillo.

Ok so here's my day yesterday-
seasoned that beautiful new wok....Got out the main players for my fajitas. Made homemade Guacamole. I found London Broil which was 4.00 cheaper a pound than skirt steak so I cut it in half and then cut it through so I had 4 thinner steaks. I marinated it in a mixture of olive oil, lime, Bovine Bold and a dash of John Henry's Fajita seasoning. The chicken got a similar bath but replaced the BB with Dizzy Pig Raging River and added some cumin powder. The third ingredient was some 31-40 shrimp. They got a little tipsy in adobo, lime, garlic, cilantro, DPRR and TEQUILA!
The veggies went in the wok and cooked up beautifully, then I grilled the meats...all enjoyed the dinner...Jack's favorite (besides the Sopapillas) was a black bean, yellow rice, orange pepper and guacamole roll up.
Thanks for checking out my great night.

Attachments

• 10Picnik collage.jpg
    10Picnik collage.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 89
  • 7Picnik collage.jpg
    7Picnik collage.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 89
  • 9Picnik collage.jpg
    9Picnik collage.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 89
I think I just gained 5# looking at your outstanding spread of food.
Guess you don't like your egg much huh?
Congrats!

Wow! That all looks great! The Sopapillas made me want to lick my screen (I know better, however :-D).

I haven't seen a picture of Jack for a while. He's really growing. But, you may want to get a doctor to look at that growth on his nose :becky:

Back