ET732.. good or hyped up.

Murray in N.Z.

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
One good thing about your US dollar diving downwards.... ours is actually worth something. So I'm looking at getting a thermometer coz they arnt avaliable here in N.Z.

1/Any of the bretheren sell them ? I cant bring it back easy and so gotta trust someone on the deal and who better than a bretheren. I dont want to get Wenzeled.
2/Are they really as good as the hype?

Heck if your dollar keeps sinking like the 'titanic I might even cut loose with the credit card and get an ECB like that darned ozzy tried to.. but one thing at a time.

I like my 732, others have had problems with the probes; I have not. I did from past experience put some silicone where the wire goes into the probe, eliminating water from getting into it. Good luck.

Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk

Actually, many of us just claim to like the unit so we can trick others into buying an inferior product :heh:

I have limited experience with mine... I have only done 3 cooks, but I absolutely love mine!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I've done 2 cooks with mine and I love it. It gives a rough estimate of when to start testing for doneness and I don't have to walk outside to keep track of the pit temp. I also used the alarm feature to monitor the smoke overnight, didn't need it though as my UDS held temp great.

No complaints here. The range on the remote is good too.

I like it a lot more than the original. The design improvements where needed. Better range and not having to take the battery cover off to turn it off were needed changes. I got mine off Amazon.

Mine has been great so far. My only complaint is the length of the probe wires. You can buy longer ones but it seems they could have made them a reasonable length in the first place.

Love mine, probably a dozen or so cooks on it without problems.

If you want I will take care of you. We currently ship to Australia so New Zealand is not a problem.

If you want send me a PM and I will send you a freight quote.

5-0 BBQ sells them. I will look for his site. I believe he even has a slight brethren discount.

Wow, that was creepy. Posted at the exact same time.

+1 for Steve at 5-0 BBQ. Just received mine last week and he's a great guy to deal with. Breaking it in this weekend!

No worries Mate!

OK y'all talked me in to it.. 5-0 it is....
Rather spend my hard earned bucks with a Brethren brother that Amozon.

Now 5-0.. y'all realise that the country inhabited by sheep shaggers, under arm bowlers and grandsons of thieves called Australians is not on the same courier route as the greatest, most scenic, god blessed country called New Zealand. Of course ya did I know but its odd how many people think that just coz Australia is just an island off the west coast of New Zealand we are the same place.

I'll P.M. you the numbers of the legendry "missus's card" once she is asleep and we can go from there.... BUT I dont want no darned 2nd hand worn out ECB like the tightas Aussie ordered from someone!

I personally have not had good luck with Maverick products. The two thermos I bought from them were complete duds. That said, they were NOT the ET 732, in which many, if not all the bugs appear to have been worked out. What I've read about the ET 732 has been very good in general and Steve at 5-0 BBQ is always here and provides a lot of great support to Brethren. I'm sure he'll take good care of you.

Now 5-0.. y'all realise that the country inhabited by sheep shaggers, under arm bowlers and grandsons of thieves called Australians is not on the same courier route as the greatest, most scenic, god blessed country called New Zealand. Of course ya did I know but its odd how many people think that just coz Australia is just an island off the west coast of New Zealand we are the same place.

I'll P.M. you the numbers of the legendry "missus's card" once she is asleep and we can go from there.... BUT I dont want no darned 2nd hand worn out ECB like the tightas Aussie ordered from someone!

:laugh: Let's see how this goes. We might get to move this over to the Wood Pile. :pop2:

Dont worry you are in good hands. I just sorted a box of kit bound for the UK to members of the BBBQS.

New Zealand may be a breeze compared to Canada. We went a few months with lost packages in the Canadian Postal system.

Back