First shot at pellet pizza :)

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have been making pizza in my Eggs for a long time, but i wanted to try it in the Memphis Pro to see how it would turn out. At first I was going to "cheat" and use the Boboli pre-made pizza crust, but since I had the bread machine out for the Cinco de Mayo bread I decided to make dough from scratch. I used this recipe...

http://www.fabulousfoods.com/recipes/article/46/17753

I added a teaspoon of dried basil, dried oregano and 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic into the dough.

I used the bread machine to mix and knead the dough and then did my best to get it sort of round (more like amoeba-shaped :roll:). In the mean time I preheated the Pro to 450 and put in my BGE pizza stone. I made one pizza with sauce (store bought), precooked Italian sausage, shredded co-jack and mozzarella cheese for my daughter. It cooked for 12 minutes.

IMG_4339.JPG

Then I made a second one with sliced provolone, sauce, sliced red and green bell peppers, onions, mushrooms and sausage and then topped it with shredded mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.

IMG_4333.JPG

IMG_4336.JPG

IMG_4337.JPG

It baked for 12 minutes.

IMG_4340.JPG

IMG_4346.JPG

It came out great! The crust was tasty and crisp and the toppings were nicely cooked.

Outstanding looking pies RonL.

Wow that looks good I havent tried pizza yet on anything I own.

Ooo, nice pies Ron, pellet pizza works.

i gotta getta pizza stone. Great looking pizza Ron!

Thanks, everyone! I would say that the pizza was as good as the ones I make on the Egg.

i gotta getta pizza stone. Great looking pizza Ron!

Get either the BGE stone or one made to be used in a grill. They are more expensive, but I have read too many stories from guys who bought cheaper ones only to have them fracture into pieces in the Egg or other grill.

Hey Ron, Not trying to be a dick or hurt your feelings man, but I gotta show you how to make a round crust and not some flower looking crust.

But good eats none the less and that's what counts.

Hey Ron, Not trying to be a dick or hurt your feelings man, ut I gotta show you hjow to make a round crust and not some flower looking crust.

But good eats none the less and that's what counts.

I'm good.

Very impressive pizza Ron!

Also thanks for sharing that dough recipe.

Thanks for sharing Ron, always enjoy the pics and GREAT advice

That looks really good Ron! Thanks for sharing the dough recipe.

Back