fatguyputter

Knows what a fatty is.
fatguyputter
Found some matches.
beer.png

green.gif

icon1.gif
Money Muscle Advice
I'm fairly new to this site, so if this has been discussed previously, I appologize. We are going into our first competition in a few weeks, and I'm wanting to know a little more about removing and presenting the money muscle on my pork butt.

Thanks to a couple of earlier threads with good diagrams and descriptions, I think I at least have an idea where the MM is located--opposite the bone. On my last pork butt at home I kinda tore into it when I was pulling and ruined any chance of getting slices from it.

I know that in order to get slices I might need to remove it at around 180-185 instead of the 195 internal temp that I do to pull it. However, what I don't know is the method to remove it. In competition I will obviously cook two butts, as I know the rules prohibit me from taking off a piece and then putting the rest back on the smoker. But at home I would like to practice removing the MM and then put the rest of the butt back on to bring up to 195.

Having said all that, the technique of removing the MM is what I am asking. Any help from you all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
user_online.gif

Back