Birthday Throwdown Entry - FAIL!

What went wrong with this terrible experiment gone horribly awry?

• You put the farking batteries in the camera upside down you idiot!

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • You used that Kingsford your wife bought, she's trying to kill you!

• What the fark is Gorgozola and Toasted Pine Nuts?

• Who the fark are you?

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • What, do you think this is your Birthday or something?

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Well, since Tim was willing to fess up about his ruined Christmas Dinner, I figured I would share this disastrous Birthday meal I just made for my Birthday, which I had planned to enter in Mongo's Birthday Open Throwdown.:tsk:

Before I get to the pics, let me set the scene.

I set up all the ingredients, got the grill all lit up, and set up my tripod. I'm all set to work some of my patented Throwdown Magic!:thumb:

I turn on the camera and the farking Low Battery Light is flashing!:doh: For farking cripes sake!:mad:

So I go and plug in the farking battery while I prep the food and put it on the grill at the proper times.

When stuff is starting to get done, I put the battery back in the camera to get at least one shot on the grill. Sorry this pic and the meat are so farked up, it just wasn't my day. As you can tell, things are not going my way at all.:mad2:

r_IMG_1198.jpg

Since you probably can't tell what that mangled and charred beyond recognition piece of meat is, I'll give you a hint. It's a Lamb Rack.:shock: That ashen looking packet of foil has my Scalloped Potatoes in it.

I then grilled up some Romaine for a Salad, but of course I didn't get a picture of that, GO FIGURE!:roll:

I plated up the sorrowful remains as best as I could. It was supposed to be Rack of Lamb seasoned with a simple steak seasoning, Scalloped Potatoes with Gruyere and Cheddar, and a Grilled Romaine Salad with Gorgonzola, Toasted Pine Nuts and drizzled with Olive Oil, Balsamic, and fresh squeezed Lemon Juice. It is so farking hideous, I have to warn you before you take a look at these pics!:hand:

r_IMG_1199.jpg

r_IMG_1206.jpg

It wasn't a total loss however. I did manage to get one pic that was money!:thumb:

coins-2.jpg

Oh man... Sorry to hear! I guess everyone is due an off day once in a while! I hope things start looking up for you brother! :thumb:

Cheers

.........Again, my condolences! That lamb looks ABSOLUTELY WRETCHED!

Yep, disgusting. I will be by to pick it up and dispose of it properly

I find those photos hideous:shock::shock::shock: I think you need to package that up and I will send you my address so you can overnite that to me, so I can check it for freshness!!!!!:heh::heh: looks great!!!

It doesn't look all that bad to me. Did it taste good? The meat and taters look tasty. I've never had grilled lettuce, so I have no idea what that should look like.

CD

BTW, grilled Romain salad with Gorgonzola and toasted pine nuts sounds pretty farking liveral to me. Did you use the recipe in Al Gore's cookbook? :heh:

CD

I hope and pray that my best Q looks as good as your disaster. Whatchu whining about, farker?? That looks amazingly delicious, to me!! If you don't want it, send it here. I'm POSITIVE I can find friends and family who'd polish it off so fast, you'd forget all about your little fail! lol :doh:

The main problem with this dish is that it was for Mongo and didn't include any beans.

I'm sure you made up for the shortcoming with a nice chocolate torte. :becky:

It doesn't look all that bad to me. Did it taste good? The meat and taters look tasty. I've never had grilled lettuce, so I have no idea what that should look like.

CD
It tasted just as bad as it looks.:sick: Worse even!:puke: I'm on my 3rd Guinness to wash it down!
DrunkBanana.gif

I can't believe I forgot the beans. That's probably what went wrong. The universe was trying to tell me something.

Looking again at that picture of seven lambchops on your plate, I'd say the main problem is overeating. I don't think the beans would've helped.

I think there is an 8th one underneath the pile on the right. I can't remember how many there were. I'm trying too hard to forget the whole thing.

Good Lord man! What have you done?

And the money shot - with tails & faces and all...sick man...:tsk:

What's that rack of lamb seasoned with, btw? :confused:

What's that rack of lamb seasoned with, btw? :confused:
I got a jar of this last Christmas I believe, probably from my MIL.

Zarda%20Steak%20Rub_F10900007_LG.JPG

It's similar to Montreal Steak Seasoning, only a little less Pepper and more Garlic. I normally reserve it just for the wife's steaks because she doesn't like the same amount of Pepper that I do. For some reason, I thought it would work well on the lamb today. Boy was I ever WRONG!:becky: I also used a little to season the grilled Romaine when I pulled it off the grill.

I'm not sure why you think this was a fail... :confused:

Well, unless you think it was because there were no beans or spam. No need to worry about it being nacho rack of lamb because it certainly is. :heh:

Yep. That was a total fark-up. I'm surprised you didn't call for proper disposal but I guess you ran out of neighbors recently and got hungry?

I nearly puked the Subway tuna sandwich I had for lunch while scrolling through those hideous pics! It's kinda like that old commercial, :doh: "I coulda had a ..." :heh:

Back