My book named "Best Barbecue Book in the World"!!!

BurntFinger_Jason

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I know this post may get dangerously close to the "self promotion" rules within the forums, but I'm just too excited to not share this great news with everyone!

I just returned home from a trip to Paris, France for the Gourmand World Cookbook Awards where I accepted the award of "Best Barbecue Book in the World" for my book BBQ Makes Everything Better. The place was filled with amazing chefs from across the world, so I can't even describe how honored I was to be called to the stage. Unfortunately the memory card for our camera "magically" disappeared while our room was being cleaned one day, so I don't have many pics of the event, but here's one that my wife took on her phone in the lobby immediately after the award ceremony:

forum-award.jpg

The cookbook fair was a pretty cool place too. They had non-stop cooking demos from chefs that were past award winners, plus wine and booze samples every 30 minutes (we went by there A LOT). One of my favorite areas was where they had all of the award winning books on display. It was a pretty cool experience to walk up and see my book sitting there with the rest of the barbecue award winners. The red circular sticker denotes the finalists for the World's Best awards. Ted Reader's book was there representing Canada, and was actually the only other bbq book I recognized. Huge congrats to him as well!!!

forum-award2.jpg

If we're able to track down our memory card from the hotel, then I'll post some more pics of the amazing food we sampled out of the demo area, but I think the chances of it turning up are pretty slim.

If you're interested in checking out the full list of winners, here's a link that gives a breakdown of each food category:

http://www.cookbookfair.com/pdf/winners_cook_2010.pdf

That is a truly awesome accomplishment! Congratulations!! :thumb::thumb::clap2::clap2:

Congratulations on the win.

Congratulations! Now that your rich and famous will u rememba us? :)

bummer about the memory card. I'd be friggin pissed.

Awesome news my friend! Makes up for losing out on that online sauce contest last week I guess. :twisted:

Congratulations on a great achievement.:clap2::clap2:

So are you gonna be giving a 50% discount to the Brethren ? :becky:

Congratulations! Now that your rich and famous will u rememba us? :)

bummer about the memory card. I'd be friggin pissed.

I think it's more overworked and underpaid! :p

The memory card thing sucks, but my wife is more upset about it than I am. Our last day in Paris was taken on another card, so at least we've got some photos of us there.

very awesome. amazon a good place to snag a copy? if i get one and pay postage both ways, will you sign it?

Awesome news my friend! Makes up for losing out on that online sauce contest last week I guess. :twisted:

I pick my battles...and I chose the French over the Brethren! :p

Congratulations on a great achievement.:clap2::clap2:

So are you gonna be giving a 50% discount to the Brethren ? :becky:

The paperback will be out in May, and it's 50% cheaper than the hardback! :thumb:

very awesome. amazon a good place to snag a copy? if i get one and pay postage both ways, will you sign it?

Yeah, Amazon is by far the cheapest place on the web. They push so much product that they can live off extremely small margins.

Absolutely! I might even spill some sauce and bacon grease on it, that way it will look like my copy. :p

Yeah, Amazon is by far the cheapest place on the web. They push so much product that they can live off extremely small margins.

Absolutely! I might even spill some sauce and bacon grease on it, that way it will look like my copy. :p

awesome! i'll get one and be in touch.

Should make my copy even more valuable as the first copy ever signed by both you and Aaron.

Back