Knife sharpening: KC area

Jeff_in_KC

somebody shut me the fark up.
Any of you KC area guys know where I could take two knives in to be sharpened Monday or Tuesday? Preferably in the Overland Park, South KC or Lee's Summit area. I need a damned good edge put on then before our trip to Michigan. Thanks!

Buy a EZ-LAP diamond stone .....puts a real good edge on a knife, I sharpen all of mine with one!

Ambrosi Brothers Cutlery
3023 Main St.
KCMO
(816) 756-3030

Not in the areas you mention, but they will sharpen while you wait for a small extra charge. Don't look around in there though Jeff. It will cost you money!

Rod

Anyone ever heard of DE Land's Grinding Company on 101st Street in Overland Park? I found it online and it's only 3-4 miles from my office. 30th and Main I think is quite a drive from 10th and Roe.

Ambrosi Bros provide knives for many, many restaurants in KC ... and surrounding cities (including Topeka). I used them for many years, when I was working as a Chef in KC - you just tell them how many/what kind of knives you want ... and they come around weekly & switch out all your knives with sharp ones. The monthly fee for that service is very reasonable. The provide that service to Boss Hawgs BBQ in Topeka, and I recently took all my knives down there, where they picked them up & sharpened them & brought them back the next week. I had them sharpen a total of 16 knives, and did it in 2 batches, so I would not be completely without knives at any time.

We use Ambrosi too.... We have also bought some of thier knives that are off lease, or sharpened down to smaller units ;)

They know thier chit. Drive the extra 7 minutes.

They know thier chit. Drive the extra 7 minutes.
Sounds like the KC area brothers know what they're talking about.....a bad cut could cost you more than the gas to go the 7 mins. in your presentations in MI....

Just talked to my wife... she's actually not far from them at her office. She's going to call Ambrosi today. thanks!

Wife just called them... $3 per knife and if we drop them off tomorrow, they'll have them ready on Wednesday. They're only like 5-6 miles from my wife's office. Thanks for the advice guys!

The Ambrosi story as I know it: Sons of Italian immigrants, were sharpening knives out of the trunk of their car in NYC before moving to Kansas City in the mid-50's. Still and all, some 50 years later, a family-owned business & great success story. Solid, stand-up guys ... dependable as all git out ... and as the man said, they know their chit when it comes to knives. Customer satisfaction is job one ... they don't charge you unless you're 100% satisfied.

You'll be glad you hooked up with these guys ... you'll be able to shave with those knives after they sharpen them! Tru dat.

They also had to walk up hill both ways to school, in the snow. Just kidding, be careful, when you go there, send the wife, I always find something I "need" when dropping off and picking up my knives. There is also a place down by City Market, cannot remember the name, but they sell restaurant supplies. I have dropped alot of money there. They do not sharpen but they sell, and from what I have found their prices are very good!

Index restraunt supply is good. I go to BJ restraunt supply. They are north a couple miles past i-70 on the west side of 7th.

Back