Restaurant Depot open to public.

jafo28

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted, didn't see it anywhere. Just saw that Restaurant Depot will be open to the public temporarily. Guess with most restaurants being closed, or limited to takeout, their losing business, just like everyone else.

Is it all stores? I looked on their website and didn’t see any mention of this. Just curious.

I believe so. Just have to check in at the door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was on the news last week all stores were going to open to the public. The one in Neptune NJ definitely is.

It was so nice when I lived 20 mins from RD. Now it's a 2 hour drive. Still thinking about doing it this weekend.

I am glad I went there last weekend if this is the case for all their locations. It will not be long until they place limits on their items and have empty shelves. So much for my hidden ability to locate food/produce easily.

I used my KCBS membership to use Restaurant Depot about a month ago. Cool store, but some items are really supersized. The cold room was my favorite, they even had a rack of whole lamb and goats... Be sure to take a jacket. Here are some action photos from my previous THREAD.

Last time I went they had closed my account and wouldn't even give me a day pass. They were so rude and elitist about it - so no thanks RD, I have alternatives now.

Last time I went they had closed my account and wouldn't even give me a day pass. They were so rude and elitist about it - so no thanks RD, I have alternatives now.

They implemented a stupid policy for a brief time that if you had not used your card for thirty day days or longer you were deactivated.

I'm a long-term member who's company sells to RD, so I was more than a little upset when I was deactivated. They did the right thing and set me up again, but their customer service does vary wildly from store-to-store.

On a positive note, they had spray bottles, gloves, and paper towels available to sanitize carts and boxes when I was in yesterday.

I went to check it out today, thanks to this thread. I've always been curious, and have friends that have offered to let me use their tax ID.

It was neat, and I'm glad I went, but I didn't buy anything. They had a few cuts of meat I have been curious about using, but nothing that made standing in line seem worth it. I can definitely see why people go there, but I don't cook the volumes to make it worth it.

I went yesterday. They once again informed me that my membership was cancelled, even though they said my card scanned fine at the front desk. They say they auto cancel if you haven't been in for the last 3 months. Why did they implement this policy?

I almost never go to RD because it's not conveniently located and I'm rarely looking for the quantity that I get there, but if all it takes is a business license or 501(c)(3) why are they bothering to cancel memberships? I have my parents apply because they run a not for profit and they go very infrequently as well.

RD also informed me that they mostly operate independently, so even when my parents use their cards in NY, it doesn't keep my membership active in GA.

Overall I was left with the same feeling as the last time I went to RD. It's really not worth the hassle. I can get all the bbq meats I want at Costco other than beef ribs, and I probably just have to ask someone in the meat department if they have any packs that aren't yet cut into thin sections across the bone.

Restaurant Depot

I read elsewhere that Restaurant Depot is open to the public during the pandemic. Anyone know if that's true?

I was there a few days ago, I didn't notice too many people there, and they seemed to be pretty stocked with "essentials" So my guess is either "Public" just dont know about it, or its just not true.

You have to buy fairly large quantities so much of the public wouldn't want or be able to.

Back