Brisket Chili - Success or Failure???

Was this brisket chili a success or failure???

• I'm sending $20 to you to sample some and will get back to you later with my final answer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I'm bored and never did a poll before, so what the fark.

I made some brisket chili today. I took the burnt ends from the chopped point of a brisket I cooked this weekend. I also reserved the juices and chilled to seperate juices from fat. So I made the chili and used the juices as about half of the liquid for the gravy.

I thought it tasted great. Wife took it to a PTA function tonight. People ate it but a couple people thought it tasted off, they figured it had too much black pepper. I didn't add black pepper, I think it was from the juices which brought more of the rub flavor, which did have a decent amount of black pepper.

Now I didn't notice this or care, I thought it tasted like good brisket chili. Everybody liked the chili, but I think they were expecting something a bit more like chili.

So what say you?

Heck, you have 2 of my favorite foods mixed together, how could it be bad? Did it have beans? If it did I would give you an A++!

Dunno bout yours so i wouldnt be able to say either way weather it was good or bad. I made the recipe that JeffKC posted in the recipe section for the superbowl last year. I dont know what i did. It was ok.. but Man mostly only thing we could taste was the spicy V8. it over powered it.. Im gonna try it again once we get some cooler weather and i get a couple of briskets in the fridge.

I love Brisket Chilli and I've never had a bad bowl, so you're doing something right!

But - Where are the photos!!!!!

I voted Fail due to the lack of pictures. :razz:

Which means almost all of my posts fail! :biggrin:

How could I forget pictures!?!?:eek::confused::icon_blush:

It was a somewhat basic recipe. Five or six Ancho's, 7 or 8 New Mexico's, half a red onion, 5 cloves garlic, half a red bell pepper, 1 jalapeno, all blended up with the brisket juice for the gravy. Added the meat, some peeled tomatoes and some dark red kidney beans. Added a dump of chili powder and cumin every couple hours until it was ready. Thickened the gravy a tad with some cornstarch towards the end. Nothing fancy. It was good. I had some more for dinner tonight.

Nobody took me up on the $20 for a sample. Oh well, can't blame a guy for trying.:rolleyes:

Did anyone have to make a trip to the hospital?Just kidding have done the same thing only it was supposed to be brunswick stew that tasted more like chili.Oh well it was all eaten all the same.

Back