Chile Verde Burrito

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I forgot this was on my camera! I made this a few weeks ago with fresh Anaheim, Poblano, and Jalepenos. It was really good....

Attachments

• ChileVerdeBurro.jpg
    ChileVerdeBurro.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 104
Man that looks good. It's almost time for lunch and I'm about 90 minutes south of you. I could be there by 12:30 if I really hurry. :lol:

mick

Man that sauce has really got that look about it and I love that green stuff. Hands down my best homemade sauce is the verde and I have never seen a recipe that calls for more than maybe 1/4 japs and 3/4 tomatillos but I like it 50 / 50, I think the tomatillos suck up the heat somehow. Seeing yours though i think next time I might just try that mixture and no tomatillos.

Man that sauce has really got that look about it and I love that green stuff. Hands down my best homemade sauce is the verde and I have never seen a recipe that calls for more than maybe 1/4 japs and 3/4 tomatillos but I like it 50 / 50, I think the tomatillos suck up the heat somehow. Seeing yours though i think next time I might just try that mixture and no tomatillos.

I used 4 poblanos, 3 Anaheims, 2 jalepenos, 6 tomatillos, one white onion, all blackened on the grill. After you blacken chilis they lose their heat, so I added one raw serrano finely chooped, and that added some nice heat.:eek:

Back