help with my brisket

conroe85

Reaction score
need a little advice for my weekend brisket smoke. I am going to smoke a couple of 10-12 lb briskets in my stick burner. I am usually a rib man, but wife wants some brisket for the family get together. Here lies my issue...they want to eat by 4 or 5p on saturday. I work late fri so staying up all night or starting at 3 or 4 is not an option. My trailer pit usually runs between 230 to 260 with no issues. My plan was to rub them down good fri night and wrap them up. Put the meat in the oven around 6 or 7a, at around 200, to heat the meat and we pack up and head over to in-laws. after I get the pit ready (usually takes at least 1 1/2 hrs, I will unwrap and put them on at around 10a. Smoke em' as low as I can until about 3p and wrap them back up for an hour on smoker. open the pit up and let them stay there till 5p and dinner is served. Will I be cutting it close and am I on the right track for a rushed sat meal? advice would be appreciated. By the way, do I keep it on until I get the internal temp to 160 and then wrap again? what temp do I pull them off, 190ish right?

Last edited:
I cook brisket hot and fast at 275 - 325 F all the time. I cook them fat cap down until they reach an internal temp of about 150 to 165 F then wrap them in foil. I continue to cook them at 275 to 325 F until they reach an internal temp in the thickest part until they reach 205 F. Then, I wrap them in a thick blanket and put them in a cooler for 2 hours. The last two hours in the cooler finishes them up nicely. I defat the juice in the foil/pan and use it as au jus over the finished brisket. It always turns out tender and delicious. So, it's about 6 hours total for a great brisket.

I cook brisket hot and fast at 275 - 325 F all the time. I cook them fat cap down until they reach an internal temp of about 150 to 165 F then wrap them in foil. I continue to cook them at 275 to 325 F until they reach an internal temp in the thickest part until they reach 205 F. Then, I wrap them in a thick blanket and put them in a cooler for 2 hours. The last two hours in the cooler finishes them up nicely. I defat the juice in the foil/pan and use it as au jus over the finished brisket. It always turns out tender and delicious. So, it's about 6 hours total for a great brisket.

OFF Topic......Why does the above^^^^contain one more sentenance than the one on the topic page, see below:

I cook brisket hot and fast at 275 - 325 F all the time. I cook them fat cap down until they reach an internal temp of about 150 to 165 F then wrap them in foil. I continue to cook them at 275 to 325 F until they reach an internal temp in the thickest part until they reach 205 F. Then, I wrap them in a thick blanket and put them in a cooler for 2 hours. The last two hours in the cooler finishes them up nicely. I defat the juice in the foil/pan and use it as au jus over the finished brisket. It always turns out tender and delicious.

The above is a direct copy of the original.....

ON topic....

I need to try a hot and fast brisket soon.........

Thanks,

Paul B
SS UDS

OFF Topic......Why does the above^^^^contain one more sentenance than the one on the topic page, see below:

I cook brisket hot and fast at 275 - 325 F all the time. I cook them fat cap down until they reach an internal temp of about 150 to 165 F then wrap them in foil. I continue to cook them at 275 to 325 F until they reach an internal temp in the thickest part until they reach 205 F. Then, I wrap them in a thick blanket and put them in a cooler for 2 hours. The last two hours in the cooler finishes them up nicely. I defat the juice in the foil/pan and use it as au jus over the finished brisket. It always turns out tender and delicious.

The above is a direct copy of the original.....

ON topic....

I need to try a hot and fast brisket soon.........

Thanks,

Paul B
SS UDS

Please clarify. I don't know what you mean. :-D

If your smoker can run comfortably in the 275F to 300F range, a hot and fast brisket is a great way to go. It is not really a whole lot different to do packers at 300F than 250F, just a lot faster. Boshizzle's method looks good.

Because the quote box is a few characters narrower than the full thread width, so the lines wrapped at different points, causing the text to overflow onto an additional line. That's it, nothing sinister :-D

Because the quote box is a few characters narrower than the full thread width, so the lines wrapped at different points, causing the text to overflow onto an additional line. That's it, nothing sinister :-D

Sinister or not:heh::heh:, I would have missed the part about 6 hours if I had not responded to the thread in the "reply to thread" box. Is it something I need to do on my end to see entire posts???

Paul B
SS UDS

Back