Smoking pre-cooked sausage.

T

tech_joshua

I have a Q feast coming up and I thought I'd throw some spicy smoked sausage in the mix. The sausage I bought is already cooked. My initial thought was low heat like 180 for 2 hours. Anyone have any pointers?

I have only grilled it. I like it chared with a little black.

I've done a double smoked sausage ~225 for an hour or so in my GOSM. It was for a recipe (Kraut, apples and smoked sausage) but as a stand alone, it was quite good.

I've also double smoked sausage, as Guerry mentioned above, then gave it a little char, diced and added to my baked beans. Mmmm.

I don't see much benefit to re-heating it at that low of temps. I usually throw some on my keg towards the end of the cook. It doesn't take long for it to be ready, especially the pre-cooked/smoked stuff.

Thanks fellas. what about slicing it lengthwise to absorb more smoke?

Don't slice it or let it split, because it can dry out. I like double smoking it, do it a lot.

I dont it all the time. One of my buddies loves it and I will throw some on the smoker specifically for him. It's cheap, it's easy and it's delicious!

I do switch from smoked sausage, to polish sausage and even pepper sausage from time to time.

Back